Case Manager, Rapid Rehousing
Work with families experiencing homelessness to ensure available community resources are provided for families. Support families in crisis and conduct analysis of the family’s needs to coordinate activities and resources to ensure a successful transition to permanent housing.
- Provide holistic and comprehensive case management services to all clients including: intake assessments, benefit assessments, goal setting, long-term case plan development, weekly case plan development, progress monitoring, individual money management, advocacy and referrals.
- Connect families with needed and available community resources. Follow-up with clients and agencies as appropriate to document use/success of referral.
- Input accurate and complete data for all contacts with clients into agency HMIS and Salesforce database.
- Provide all required documentation in a timely manner, which may include client follow up, outcome evaluation, client contact sheets, progress notes and evaluations.
- Work independently with a strong sense of focus, task-oriented, non-judgmental, open personal qualities, and clear sense of boundaries.
- Maintain a strong sense of and respect for confidentiality involving both clients and fellow employees.
- Work in a variety of settings with culturally-diverse families and communicates in ways that are culturally sensitive and appropriate.
- Transport clients to and from resources and/or activities, as needed, utilizing company provided vehicle.
- Participate in regular staff meetings, staff training programs, supervisory sessions, and accept the responsibility for aiding the development of positive team relationships.
- Represent Safe Haven in local and national conferences and meetings to gather and share knowledge and best-practices around family homelessness.
- Adhere to agency policy, procedures and the professional code of ethics.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Meet with clients on a regular basis to provide case management services, and interact with clients according to a trauma-informed care framework.
- Must meet Safe Haven’s core values: strive for excellence, serve with compassion, never stop learning, embrace inclusion, cultivate collaboration, communicate with integrity
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Work or related field required, Master’s degree preferred.
- Knowledge of community resources and counseling/social work practices with high risk populations in crisis, including understanding of working in a Trauma Informed Care Environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to establish a positive rapport with clients.
Competitive salary and great benefits.
How to Apply
To apply, please visit: https://safe-haven-family-shelter.prismhr-hire.com/job/203621/case-manager-rapid-rehousing
No phone calls please.
Safe Haven is an equal opportunity employer.
- Date Posted: November 18, 2020
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Programs and Service Delivery
- Service Area: Housing
- Working Hours: Working Hours: 5 days per week; Some Evenings and Saturdays