Safe Haven Family Shleter
Case Manager, Rapid Rehousing
Safe Haven Family Shleter
Work with families experiencing homelessness to ensure available community resources are provided for families. Support families in crisis and conduct analysis of the family’s needs to coordinate activities and resources to ensure a successful transition to permanent housing.
- Provide holistic and comprehensive case management services to all clients including intake assessments, benefit assessments, goal setting, long-term case plan development, weekly case plan development, progress monitoring, individual money management, advocacy, and referrals.
- Connect families with needed and available community resources. Follow-up with clients and agencies as appropriate to document the use/success of referral.
- Input accurate and complete data for all contacts with clients into agency HMIS and Salesforce database.
- Provide all required documentation in a timely manner, which may include client follow-up, outcome evaluation, client contact sheets, progress notes, and evaluations.
- Work independently with a strong sense of focus, task-oriented, non-judgmental, open personal qualities, and clear sense of boundaries.
- Maintain a strong sense of and respect for confidentiality involving both clients and fellow employees.
- Work in a variety of settings with culturally diverse families and communicate in ways that are culturally sensitive and appropriate.
- Transport clients to and from resources and/or activities, as needed, utilizing a company-provided vehicle.
- Participate in regular staff meetings, staff training programs, and supervisory sessions, and accept the responsibility for aiding the development of positive team relationships.
- Represent Safe Haven in local and national conferences and meetings to gather and share knowledge and best practices around family homelessness.
- Adhere to agency policy, procedures, and the professional code of ethics.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Meet with clients on a regular basis to provide case management services, and interact with clients according to a trauma-informed care framework.
- Must meet Safe Haven’s core values: strive for excellence, serve with compassion, never stop learning, embrace inclusion, cultivate collaboration, communicate with integrity
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Work or related field required, Master’s degree preferred.
- Knowledge of community resources and counseling/social work practices with high-risk populations in crisis, including an understanding of working in an Trauma Informed Care Environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to establish a positive rapport with clients.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS / WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Work Environment: Office setting. Must be able to sit/stand for 8 hours.
- Walking, bending, light lifting up to 25 lbs.
- Must be able to travel to community service providers, housing and property, and to families in need.
- Ability to drive agency vehicles, including a 15-passenger van.
Competitive starting salary and excellent benefits!
Starting salary, commensurate with experience and education:
$40,000-$42,000 (Bachelor’s Degree)
$43,000-46,000 (Master’s Degree in a relevant field, e.g., MSSW)
- 100% Employer-paid health and dental for individuals ($6,000 value for an employee enrolled in an individual plan)
- Additional discounted family coverage is available as well (Up to $11,500 value for an employee enrolled in a family plan)
- 18 PTO Days plus 8 sabbatical days annually
- 16 Paid Holidays annually
- Paid parental/family leave
- 401K Plan (with 5% employer match)
- Employer-paid short-term and long-term disability
- Flexible Spending Account options
- Voluntary vision and life insurance
- Up to $1,500 reimbursement annually for LMSW licensure supervision, if applicable
How to Apply
Please use this link to apply: https://safe-haven-family-shelter.prismhr-hire.com/job/203621/case-manager-rapid-rehousing
Here you will have the opportunity to upload a resume and cover letter.
In creating your cover letter please carefully follow these instructions. The cover letter should speak specifically to your interest in this particular position, and discuss how you meet the position’s key requirements: skill in working with families in crisis, knowledge of counseling/social-work best practices, excellent documentation skills, and strong teamwork orientation. (Please do not upload a generic cover letter. We are interested in knowing your specific interest and fit for this position.)
No phone calls, please.
Safe Haven is an equal-opportunity employer.
- Date Posted: August 23, 2023
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Programs and Service Delivery
- Service Area: Social / Human Services