Case Manager, Permanent Supportive Housing
Safe Haven Family Shelter
Work with families with significant barriers to maintaining housing to ensure all appropriate community and clinical services resources are provided for families. Support families in crisis on a long-term basis, coordinating community resources to ensure family is able to maintain housing.
- Support families with significant barriers to be successful in housing.
- Meet with clients on a frequent basis, as often as needed.
- Manage high stress and crisis situations with extreme professionalism and according to a trauma-informed care framework.
- Provide holistic and comprehensive case management services to clients including: intake assessments, benefit assessments, goal setting, long-term case plan development, weekly case plan development, progress monitoring, individual money management, advocacy and referrals.
- Connect families with needed and available community and clinical resources.
- Input accurate and complete data for all contacts with clients into agency HMIS and Salesforce database.
- Provide all required documentation in a timely manner, which may include client follow up, outcome evaluation, client contact sheets, progress notes and evaluations.
- Work independently with a strong sense of focus, task-oriented, non-judgmental, open personal qualities, and clear sense of boundaries.
- Maintain a strong sense of and respect for confidentiality involving both clients and fellow employees.
- Work in a variety of settings with culturally-diverse families and communicates in ways that are culturally sensitive and appropriate.
- Transport clients to and from resources and/or activities, as needed, utilizing company provided vehicle.
- Participate in regular staff meetings, staff training programs, supervisory sessions, and accept the responsibility for aiding the development of positive team relationships.
- Represent Safe Haven in local and national conferences and meetings to gather and share knowledge and best-practices around family homelessness.
- Adhere to agency policy, procedures and the professional code of ethics.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must meet Safe Haven’s core values: strive for excellence, serve with compassion, never stop learning, embrace inclusion, cultivate collaboration, communicate with integrity
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Work or related field required, Master’s degree strongly preferred.
- At least 3 years experience working with families in crisis with significant barriers to maintaining housing.
- Knowledge of community resources and counseling/social work practices with high risk populations in crisis, including understanding of working in a Trauma Informed Care Environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to establish a positive rapport with clients.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS / WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Work Environment: Office setting. Must be able to sit / stand for 8 hours.
- Walking, bending, light lifting up to 25 lbs.
- Must be able to travel to community service providers, housing and property, and to families in need.
- Ability to drive agency vehicles, including 15-passenger van.
Excellent Benefits Package
How to Apply
To apply, please visit Safe Haven Case Manager, Permanent Supportive Housing and click on “Apply for this position.” Here you will have the opportunity to upload a resume and cover letter.
In creating your cover letter please carefully follow these instructions. The cover letter should speak specifically to your interest in this particular position, and discuss how you meet the position key requirements: skill in working with families in crisis, knowledge of counseling/social-work best practices, excellent documentation skills and strong team-work orientation. (Please do not upload a generic cover letter. We are interested in knowing your specific interest and fit for this position.)
No phone calls please.
Safe Haven is an equal opportunity employer.
- Date Posted: August 11, 2020
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Other
- Service Area: Social / Human Services
- Start Date: 10/01/2020
- Working Hours: 5 days per week; Some Evenings and Saturdays