Case Manager (Men’s Programming)
POSITION SUMMARY The Case Manager coordinates the overall interdisciplinary plan of care for a patient, from admission to discharge. Working with the patient, the family as appropriate, the primary counselor, and the treatment team, s/he relies on clinical theory and experience to plan and accomplish treatment goals. This position is responsible for the bio-psycho-social history, development of the treatment plan, concurrent reviews with third party payors, communication with referral sources and the continuing care plan. This position will also coordinate with assigned Counselor to develop treatment plans.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include some or all of the following:
- Meets with the patient to complete the bio-psycho-social history.
- Assists the primary counselor in collaborating with the patient and family as appropriate to develop measurable behaviorally specific treatment goals, objectives, and modalities of care.
- Conducts concurrent reviews/appeals with third party payors including retroactive appeals following discharge, coordinating with admissions, patient registration, financial advisors, and accounts receivable personnel as needed.
- Coordinates the patient’s care with the various on site treatment providers as needed.
- Acts as a liaison between the treatment team, the marketing team, and referral sources, keeping them abreast of patient progress and continuing care needs through verbal and written communication, as well as meetings as needed.
- Collaborates with the patient, family as appropriate, primary counselor and treatment team in developing the continuing care plan including securing any necessary post-discharge appointments.
- Documents pertinent clinical information into the electronic patient record, as well as documenting pertinent information into the business record re: utilization reviews.
- Ensures that a welcoming, safe and healing environment is maintained for each patient and family throughout the continuum of care.
- Recommends ways to improve the quality and delivery of services.
- Maintains confidentiality of company and patient information.
- Reacts productively to change
QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. They will demonstrate leadership skills within the department, provide a role model for quality patient care and show initiative in problem solving and maintaining a professional work environment. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE LADAC, RN, LCSW or equivalent licensure or Master’s Degree in Counseling or related field desired with a minimum of two years experience in behavioral healthcare field, addiction treatment experience preferred OR five years experience in behavioral healthcare as utilization reviewer, case manager, or admissions counselor with addictions treatment experience preferred.
OTHER SKILLS Ability to lift 30 lbs; ability to push/pull 100 lbs; ability to speak, hear, see, sit, walk and stand; ability to speak, read and write in English; excellent customer service and interpersonal skills; good problem-solving and analytical skills; excellent written and oral communication skills; computer keyboard skills with ability to quickly learn and use clinical software; knowledge of signs/symptoms of intoxication/withdrawal of alcohol and common drugs of abuse; knowledge of general options for addiction treatment; excellent interviewing skills; excellent observational skills; leadership skills; ability to work calmly, professionally and as an ally with people in crisis; knowledge of and ability to apply information regarding age/cultural/population specific characteristics to patient care in assigned area. If recovering, two years of verifiable abstinence required with five years preferred; active participation in the appropriate Twelve Step program preferred.
WORK ENVIRONMENT Position is in an office setting that involves everyday risks or discomforts requiring normal safety precautions. Position requires frequent contact with people in crisis, including those who are chemically impaired and/or volatile and may require additional safety precautions. Position is subject to varying shifts, including weekends.
Discussed during interview
How to Apply
Please visit our website to apply @cumberlandheights.org
- Date Posted: April 6, 2021
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Administrative
- Service Area: Community Development