Stepping Stones Safe Haven
Case Manager (Housing Stability Focus)
Stepping Stones Safe Haven
The Case Manager is responsible for providing comprehensive, holistic case management services to the guests of The Haven. The ultimate goal of the Case Manager is to assess and understand the Guests needs and appropriate “Next Steps” and to outline a plan of action with the Guest to achieve her plan. As a key member of the team, the Case Manager works to uphold the mission, vision, and values of the organization
- Understand and demonstrate Stepping Stones Safe Haven’s (SSSH) three core values: compassion, consideration, and consistency.
- Adhere to policies, procedures, and the professional code of ethics.
- Represent SSSH in appropriate community collaborations such as H3ARC and other similar organizations to both gather knowledge and information but also to share opportunities for community engagement.
- Participate in weekly team meetings, to promote unity and collaboration throughout the organization.
- Case Management with Stepping Stones consists of intake assessments, understanding resource needs, goal setting and monitoring, advocacy, and referrals. It is imperative that we understand the capacity of each guest and assist them in self-guided discovery to move towards the appropriate “Next Step”.
- This position will focus on the Rapid Rehousing model and support stability and consistency in housing with supportive services up to 6 months beyond the time the individual moves into housing. Home visits may be a part of this follow-up care.
- Complete necessary and appropriate documentation and reports that monitor not only existing clients but also those in follow-up care and mentoring programs.
- Facilitate referral and connection to appropriate, available community resources. Monitor for follow-through and appropriate use.
- Engage in Continuous Quality Improvement, working with leadership to ensure the program continues to meet expectations and to grow appropriately.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Work or similar field required, Master’s preferred
- Knowledge of community resources and appropriate trauma-informed practices with vulnerable populations.
- 2-3 years experience working with individuals in crisis required, experience with the homeless population preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to quickly establish a working rapport with guests
- Working knowledge of Motivational Interviewing and possess the ability to apply these concepts in various scenarios, often with individuals displaying limited self-confidence and personal value
- Proficiency with computer programs such as Microsoft Office Suite, Google Plus, etc.
- Possess a valid driver’s license and have reliable transportation
- Flexibility to work some nights/weekends to accommodate guests working various shifts
- Willingness to participate in overnight/weekend call rotation to provide guidance to those seeking assistance
We offer paid holidays and a generous PTO plan. Mileage reimbursement is available for shelter operations.
How to Apply
Please send a cover letter and resume to Lacey.Wilkins@SteppingStonestn.org. Include “case manager position” in the subject line.
- Date Posted: March 29, 2021
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Other
- Service Area: Housing
- Start Date: 04/26/2021
- Working Hours: 40 hrs/wk; M-F, 9-5pm, one Saturday per month; call rotation once per month.