Family & Children's Service
Case Manager, Connecting Forward
Family & Children's Service
The Connecting Forward Case Manager will provide assessment, screening, resource connection, case management, and/or referrals to mental health counseling to program clients of all Connecting Forward network partners. The Case Manager will recommend an individual and/or family care plan of action on the needs identified. If needed, the Case Manager will provide intensive case management, self-advocacy training, life skills training, parenting skills training, educational and supportive services, in-home services, advocacy, and/or referrals as needed. Applicants must live in Tennessee. Three positions are available. These positions are remote.
• Conduct needs assessments for financial and material resources, mental health, imminent risk, domestic violence, trauma, and/or other needs as they relate to client success and services.
• Develop, implement, and modify care plans (case management goals), as needed, to address the needs of the client.
• Establish and maintain an effective and empowering relationship with clients.
• Refer and connect clients to Connecting Forward network partners to fulfill identified needs.
• Refer clients to short-term, solution-focused, trauma-informed counseling and clinical interventions (e.g. individual or family therapy)
• Refer clients, when appropriate, to licensed drug and alcohol treatment centers, domestic violence shelters, other community treatment centers, long-term therapeutic service agencies, etc.
• Be knowledgeable about Supplemental Security Income (SSI) and Social Security Disability Income (SSDI) and other federal benefit programs for which the client may qualify; assist the client in applying for federal SSI and SSDI benefits when appropriate.
• Employ a strengths-based and client-goal-oriented approach to facilitate self-empowerment.
• Provide ongoing educational and/or supportive groups as needed
• Develop relationships with partner agencies and assume a strong advocacy role for needed services.
• Provide services in the home, school, or other location in the community when needed and appropriate for best serving the client in meeting goals.
• Regular attendance during office hours and reliable transportation is required.
This position requires a Bachelor’s Degree (*Master’s Preferred) in Social Work, Counseling, Psychology, Marriage and Family Therapy, Education, and/or related field with 2-3 years of working with children and families from diverse socio-economic and ethnic backgrounds
These positions are benefits-eligible. We offer medical, vision, and dental coverage. 401k and 401k matching. Generous vacation time. sick leave, and parental leave
How to Apply
Send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Date Posted: August 2, 2023
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Administrative
- Service Area: Health (Physical, Mental)
- Salary Range: $45,000
- Working Hours: 40 hour work week