The Next Door
The Next Door
To provide intensive case management services with an emphasis on workforce development for women who are clients of the CRC at TND-Chattanooga.
Primary Responsibilities and Duties include the following:
- Work with residents to create an individualized case management service plan
- Meet with each resident twice monthly for a minimum of 30 minutes to assess progress, determining goals and areas that need additional attentionTeach and model effective problem-solving skills using cognitive behavioral approaches
- Ensure timely and professional documentation to support each resident’s interaction and coordination of services
- Connect program participants to community resources to address their comprehensive needs
- Always maintain an adequate supply of orientation booklets
- Assess each resident to ensure that her daily medical, psychosocial and environmental needs are met
- Assist residents in maintaining relationships with the family to support successful communication and transition back into the community
- Create a discharge plan with residents upon their completion of The Next Door program which includes connections and appointments for ongoing support services in the area which the residents choose to re-locate
- Ensure that all policies and procedures of The Next Door are followed at all times by residents, volunteers, and employees
- Complete the orientation process
- Facilitate relapse prevention class for new clients
- Assist with transportation as needed
- Follow the Case Management guidelines set by the Tennessee Department of Corrections (TDOC) for the CRC contract
- Complete reporting on any and all aspects of case management as required in client files and in TOMIS
- Assist in weekly community meetings
Workforce Related Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Develop individual employment plan with all CRC residents which includes goals, objectives and action steps in securing employment and education
- Facilitate weekly Workforce Development (WFD) class involving Job Retention, Job Search skills, Budgeting, and problem solving skills
- Meet regularly with each CRC resident to assist with completion of job applications and resumes, and to provide interview and job search coaching
- Assist residents with getting all forms of identification necessary for job searching. (Birth Certificate, Social Security card, and Identification)
- Monitor the use of computers and assist with internet job applications as necessary
- Recruit new worksite partners and educate the sites prior to the residents starting work at the sites. Get worksite agreements with all work sites.
- Monthly site evaluation for all current worksites
- Identify and track measurable outcomes statistics
- Complete reporting on any and all aspects of WFD and other class participation as required in client files and in TOMIS
- Participate in weekly treatment team meeting
- When required, participate in task forces, transitional ceremonies, trainings, and other community educational networking opportunities to educate others about The Next Door program and to promote partnerships and sponsorships whenever possible
- Participate in on-call rotation 24/7 or as directed by supervisor
- Bachelors or master’s degree in social work or related field required
- Experience working with women involved in the criminal justice system preferred
- Working knowledge of Chattanooga social service community preferred
- Minimum of 1-year experience working with women in crisis situations preferred
- Valid driver’s license
- Ability to be on-call 24/7 or as directed by supervisor and/or work late shifts
All Employees will adhere to the following professional standards:
- Honor the agency mission: The mission of The Next Door is to live out our faith by providing a continuum of evidence-based substance abuse and mental health services for women in an environment of faith and healing to restore hope and a lifetime of recovery.
- Consistently treat residents and co-workers with the utmost respect
- Keep ALL information regarding staff, residents, diagnosis, group information, etc. confidential at all times.
- Work as a necessary part of the team effort
- Model ethical and professional behavior at all times
- Participate in ongoing meetings and trainings as required by the leadership of The Next Door
- Be creative and assist leadership with ideas for improving the overall quality of the services and environment for the residents of The Next Door.
- Encourage core values of The Next Door, Inc. at all times:
- Love ~ We demonstrate what love looks like, so our women learn to love others in healthy ways and love themselves.
- Faith ~ We welcome all people, and all will be cared for with Christ-centered principles.
- Hope ~ We believe hope is within reach for all women.
- Wholeness ~ God has a plan and purpose for a woman’s life and that is abundantly good. She does not have to be defined by her past decisions. God loves. God forgives. Every woman can be whole and complete.
- Community ~ We are building a healthy community in which our women are contributing members of society. We need one another. We care for one another. We will teach our women how to build their own healthy community.
- Respect ~ We believe each woman deserves respect from us and from each other. We believe each woman can learn to respect herself and others
- Encouragement ~ We believe that our words and actions should build one another up. We inspire one another with love and good deeds.
PTO, healthcare, dental, vision, EAP, 401K with match, life insurance
How to Apply
Please go to our website, www.thenextdoor.org, under the careers tab. No phone calls please.
- Date Posted: August 5, 2021
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Other
- Service Area: Health (Physical, Mental)
- Start Date: 08/23/2021
- Working Hours: 40 hrs/wk; M-F