YWCA Nashville & Middle TN
Case Manager, Bilingual
YWCA Nashville & Middle TN
Position maintains primary responsibility for providing counseling, advocacy, and case management to domestic violence survivors within the Domestic Violence Services program. This includes coordinating in-house and community resources to meet the needs of the clients. This position would conduct community outreach as needed on behalf of the YWCA.
- Identify barriers to client success and makes appropriate referrals.
- Interact closely with community organizations to remain current on resources available, in order to disseminate accurate information; advocates for survivors and makes, and trains others to make, appropriate referrals.
- Provide individual and group counseling for residents living in Weaver Center, transitional housing clients, and community clients.
- Assess client needs and develop case plan with residents, providing regular sessions to ensure progress.
- Measure results, track data and submit timely reports to Program Manager.
- Facilitate support groups with survivors of domestic violence.
- Provide rotating schedule facilitator support.
- Maintain accurate and confidential records for each client, documenting resident behaviors, incidents, interactions, and progress in consistent and ethical manner.
- Conduct outreach in the community to educate on DV services that are available and help to implement culturally-responsive, trauma-informed services.
- Conduct intake and orientation to program and shelter in a timely and caring manner.
- Conduct exit interviews and safety planning with residents departing shelter.
- Respond to crisis calls and make appropriate referrals.
- Assume responsibility for residential coverage, as appropriate.
- Provide transportation for residents as appropriate.
- Provide support and assistance to volunteers as needed during shift.
- Develop an understanding of agency and program policies and procedures, implementing appropriately and interpreting to residents and volunteers.
- Monitor resident activity throughout shelter and manage conflict through appropriate intervention.
- Protect confidentiality of clients at all times.
- Attend program staff meetings, in-service training sessions, YW All Staff, and other meetings as requested.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
Position requires a Bachelor’s degree in Social Work or related field, 1 to 3 years of case management experience (preferred) or 3 to 5 years of experience in a related field. Fluency in both English and Spanish.
- Must be fit for travel by automobile and willing to travel independently to reach engagements.
- Ability to carry materials with various weights up to 25 lbs.
- Ability to move throughout the building as well as sit or remain stationary for extended periods of time.
- Must have the ability to talk, hear, sit, stand, walk, reach, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
- Manual dexterity required for typing and the use of standard office equipment.
- Ability to speak concisely.
- Tolerant to various noise levels: noise level in the work environment varies – may be very quiet to moderate.
- Position requires incumbent to have a valid driver’s license, vehicle insurance and a clear driving record for the last three years.
- Ability to work long and flexible hours, including weekends and evenings.
- Willingness to support the mission of the YWCA and ability to convey its importance both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to successfully function under pressure in critical situations
- Ability to interact with diverse backgrounds and social economic levels.
- Effectively manage conflict and crises.
- Strong problem solving and analytical thinking.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and discretion.
- Sensitivity to the needs of DV survivors and their children.
- Excellent organizational and time management.
- Successful collaborative skills working with a variety of groups.
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills.
- Competency with MS Office and database management.
The YWCA Nashville & Middle Tennessee reserves the rights to modify, interpret, or apply this job description in any way the organization desires. This job description in no way implies that these are the only duties, including essential duties, to be performed by the employee occupying this position. This job description is not an employment contract, implied or otherwise. The employment relationship remains “At-Will.” The aforementioned job requirements are subject to change to reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities.
Employee Assistance Program
How to Apply
Please apply here.
- Date Posted: November 3, 2020
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Other
- Service Area: Social / Human Services
- Working Hours: 40 hrs/wk.