Case Manager, Bi-lingual Spanish Speaking
Nashville CARES is seeking an engaged social service professional to provide comprehensive case management services to people living with HIV/AIDS (PLWH). Current opportunities include working with subpopulations of PLWH who are Spanish speaking and represent diverse populations including.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Provide comprehensive, integrative services specifically targeted to address the changing, challenging and complex needs of individuals living with HIV/AIDS
- Meet regularly with clients, in the office, client’s homes and in the community to conduct comprehensive assessments of individual need, and to provide assistance and advocacy regarding medical, social, community, financial and other needed services
- Based on client’s identified needs, establish a plan of care to ensure clients can more easily access medical care, substance abuse services, oral health care, mental health services, case management services and support services including transportation, housing, and public benefits
- Build and maintain professional relationships with clients to promote a partnership in achieving client goals
- Establish and maintain relationships with Hispanic community to include outreach efforts to the Hispanic community to build awareness of Nashville CARES
- Work proactively and independently, and as a team with other Case Managers, to offer individualized care for each client
- Coordinate with a network of care providers to help clients achieve improved medical outcomes and monitor each of the clients and make sure they maintain adherence to their medical needs by face to face meetings, phone calls and semi-annual assessments
- Bachelor’s degree
- Verbal and written fluency in Spanish
- Demonstrated ability to cultivate and maintain positive working relationships with clients, families and co-workers
- Knowledge and skills to work with individuals experiencing mental health and or substance use disorders
- Knowledge of housing and employment barriers within the Hispanic population
- Understanding of social determinants of health and impact on an individual’s ability to engage in and maintain health care resources
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel).
- Ability to obtain and accurately input/type client notes in the computer.
- Experience with using a database mandatory (entering and exporting data)
- Ability to work with sensitive information and maintain confidentiality
- Ability to maintain an objective and emotionally stable attitude in dealing with varying types of situations and personalities
- Valid Tennessee Driver’s License, vehicle, and automobile liability insurance to facilitate local travel required for client/agency related business.
- Bachelor’s in Social Work or other Human Services degree
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience providing community based social or health care services, a supervised BSW/MSW internship may be considered for one year
- Experience working with clients in HIV and/or social services setting
- Knowledge of Hispanic resources and community
- Knowledge of the healthcare environment and a full range of community resources
- Knowledge of Ryan White programs
Salary: Competitive non-profit compensation
Competitive Benefits Include: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, 403b, generous paid time off policy (27 – 37 days per year based on accruals and length of service); 13 paid holidays and more.
How to Apply
Please submit your resume and cover letter for consideration for this position.
- Date Posted: June 22, 2020
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Programs and Service Delivery
- Service Area: Social / Human Services