Nashville Rescue Mission
Nashville Rescue Mission is looking for a Full-time Men’s Guest Services Case Manager to join our team. Are you the right person?
You’re Strong In Your Faith and Flexible
Sharing the love of Jesus Christ is at the heart of this position. In this role, you will provide case management services and Christian counseling. You will teach and encourage Mission guests; advocate on guests’ behalf for their many needs with various agencies and provide leadership during emergencies.
You’re A Coach
Being open and making yourself available to those in need is a big part of this job. You’ll also need to administer, communicate and monitor policies and behavior. Handling a caseload involves working with the identified guest as well as with the family system and relevant social systems (i.e. medical, behavioral health, child welfare, criminal justice, public assistance, housing).
You’re An Ambassador
Can you handle problems and conflict fairly, balancing justice and mercy, and exemplifying discernment and thoughtfulness?
- Conducts comprehensive guest assessments to collect functional, environmental, psycho-social, financial, employment, housing, educational, and health information as appropriate.
- Refers guests in securing housing, in negotiating bill payments, in GED and job placement programs, in finding mental health assistance, as well as finding other helping agencies to solve their immediate and long-term needs.
- Manages a full caseload of guests, develops individual case plans and maintains case files.
- Provides emergency counseling, encouragement and prayer for guests in painful and emergency situations, which may include suicide intervention.
- Refers guests to the Mission’s Life Recovery Program.
- Assists staff members in crisis situations.
- Provides shift leadership at in the absence of the supervisor.
- Administers Mission policies and guidelines fairly and firmly to guests.
- Cooperates with other team members, assisting them as needed.
- Serves as a personal witness for Jesus Christ and shares the Gospel with guests.
- Assists in chapel services and operates Behringer X32 Soundboard.
- Delivers a biblically sound devotional, as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in Business Administration, Human/Social Resources, or related fields, and/or five years’ experience in administration, and/or Certified Drug and Alcohol Counselor, Biblical Counseling (NANC) and/or Certified Clinical Supervisor. Advanced educational qualification (Masters of Theology, Divinity, or Counseling) preferred. On the job training of over 10 years, recognized denomination pastoral training, ordination, biblical counseling certification such as NANC may be substituted.
- Committed Christian open to sharing hope to those hurting.
- Strong ability to document using computer and office skills. Experience with ClientTrack and Microsoft Office, preferred.
- Must hold a valid Tennessee Driver’s License and be insurable by the Mission’s insurance company.
- Operational knowledge of Behringer X32 Soundboard, preferred.
Nashville Rescue Mission is a Christ-centered community dedicated to providing hope for today, hope for tomorrow, and hope for eternity to the hungry, homeless, and hurting in Middle Tennessee.
Health Benefits, Time Away from Work, Life Insurance and More
Eligible employees have medical plan options that give you the flexibility to choose the coverage that is right for you. Plans include a Health Savings Account with both employee and employer contributions. Telemedicine services are also available with all plans. You can also enroll in Dental and Vision plans.
NRM offers a generous Paid Time Off policy that allows new employees up to 27 days off their first year (pro-rated based on start date) for time off for relaxation, holidays and to care for themselves or a family member in times of illness.
Let us help you save for the future. Nashville Rescue Mission contributes 3% of an employee’s earnings after they have completed their first year of service. If you decide to contribute to the plan as well, you will enjoy a 50% match on contributions from 1% to 6%.
When life is getting difficult, it can help to talk with a professional. That’s why we have a Chaplain on staff as well as offer free counseling and referral services through the Employee Assistance Program.
As part of the NRM family, you can also enjoy other company-paid benefits like life insurance and short and long-term disability.
How to Apply
To apply, visit Nashville Rescue Mission Careers or send your resume to HR@NashvilleRescueMission.org.
- Date Posted: January 31, 2020
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Programs and Service Delivery
- Service Area: Housing