Oasis Center, Inc.
To actively participate in the crisis to housing continuum at Oasis. This position specifically provides street canvasing, assessments, safety planning, case management and coordinated entry services to homeless/street youth in the Metro Nashville area.
• Provide screening, assessments and safety planning to youth and young adults who are experiencing homelessness or have runaway.
• Participate in street outreach canvasing and street based case management for RHSY (runaway/homeless/street dependent youth) in the community.
• Assist youth in creating plans to leave/avoid homelessness and support them in goal obtainment
• Provide education and information about resources for RHSY to identified community partners as needed.
• Help to build and implement strong internal collaborations that maximize Oasis resources for young people.
• Assist youth formally and informally as they master life skills, included but not limited to: job readiness, communication skills, transportation, budgeting.
• Provide referral services and follow-through with appropriate adjunct services, including: mental health services, medical, housing, etc. as needed.
• Learn and operate from a trauma informed/positive youth development approach to foster a safe healing environment to enable youth to overcome their life challenges
• Ability to form strong, caring and affirming relationships with all youth – specifically including LGBTQ+ youth.
• Ability to apply Motivational Interviewing principals and operate from a Trauma Informed Care approach.
• Clear understanding of racial inequities and willingness to operate from an anti-oppression model.
• Knowledge and ability to access community resources.
• Bachelor’s Degree
How to Apply
Oasis Center is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and is operated in accordance with a policy which does not permit discrimination because of race, color, sex, age, handicap, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.
Shanda Hampton1704 Charlotte Ave200Nashville, TN 37203
- Date Posted: June 22, 2021
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Programs and Service Delivery
- Service Area: Children / Youth
- Salary Range: $32,000-36,000 Based on Education & Experience