Dismas House is a new 72-bed residential campus, offering a holistic reentry program, that serves men returning to the community directly from all state prisons and county jails in Tennessee. Working from the Nashville office and reporting to the VP of Programs, Dismas House seeks a full-time Case Manager to manage all aspects of resident care. We’re looking for a compassionate, care-driven professional who believes in facilitating wellness for residents and their families and will take initiative in instituting case management policies and effectively communicating with residents. The ideal candidate has experience or a passion for working with justice involved persons and experience working with those struggling with substance use disorders. In addition to working closely with the VP of Programs, case manager’s work closely with the Clinical Director, Admissions Manager and Program Coordinator and contribute to a care team that meets weekly to discuss each resident’s progress. They must have flexibility with work hours including the ability to work some evening and weekend hours as needed and must have a valid driver’s license, a reliable car and the willingness and ability to be badged to enter prisons in the State of Tennessee. We would like to fill this position as soon as possible.
- Meet weekly with clients to assist them in establishing goals; discussing progress on these reentry goals; development of life skills; and provide supportive environment for the discussion of life issues, including in part housing entitlements, employment, counseling, substance abuse programs, education and parenting skills.
- Maintain an open line of communication with the Admissions Manager about new arrivals and upcoming intakes.
- Follow procedures and protocols for intake residency so that each client receives consistent, attentive care through the duration of their stay with us.
- Assess resident needs and prepare re-entry plans ensuring needed services are provided to each client.
- Work closely and communicate regularly with our Mental Health providers to schedule appointments, share feedback with the Dismas care team and ensure Dismas staff is supporting residents in following the clinical recommendations in their treatment plans.
- Schedule necessary appointments in tandem with residents.
- Conduct monthly and/or as needed resident urine tests.
- Arrange meetings with appropriate specialists and program partners that will assist clients in securing housing, education, employment, and other services.
- Monitor and adjust resident status based on changing needs and conditions.
- Communicate regularly with residents about residential policies and resident concerns, answering questions about their needs, goals and treatment plans.
- Serve as main point of contact for residents which might include communication by phone, text and email outside your working hours.
- Maintain a current list of community resources and ensure that clients receive needed services.
- Schedule and, if necessary, escort/transport clients to outside service agencies as needed.
- Prepare required forms and keep accurate, up-to-date documentation on all clients that is regularly inputted to our database. Including but not limited to, re-entry plans, case notes, demographics, etc.
- Attend all mandatory trainings, workshops and meetings as required.
- Maintain regular communication with POs about concerns and/or change of status of residents.
- Room searches as needed.
- Attend and escort residents on quarterly outing(s) as needed.
- Hold residents accountable for consequences of infractions.
- Performs other duties as assigned and needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in behavioral or social sciences, or related field required. Master’s in Social Work or related field preferred.
- 1-3 years of related experience in social services and/or case management, preferably in a non-profit setting.
- 1-3 years’ experience working with persons with substance use disorders or expertise/knowledge about addiction. Being a licensed addiction counselor or certified peer recovery specialist is a huge plus but not mandatory.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and a capacity to communicate effectively empathetically and with a trauma-informed approach to the clients we serve.
- Propensity to work with energy, a high degree of initiative and from a positive perspective while maintaining flexibility and attention to detail.
- Enormous passion for and commitment to the mission of Dismas, Inc., and serving and working with justice-involved persons; an understanding of prison culture desired.
- Strong organizational and administrative abilities, including increasing efficiencies around systems, procedures and protocols.
- Excellent computer skills and knowledge of database programs and Windows-based operating system.
- Comfortable going inside correctional facilities.
Excellent benefits package through BCBS that includes dental and vision.
How to Apply
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.
- Date Posted: July 28, 2021
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Clinician
- Service Area: Social / Human Services
- Start Date: 08/16/2021
- Salary Range: 45,000-55,000
- Working Hours: 40 hrs/wk