Nashville Rescue Mission
Case Manager 2 – Women’s Guest Services
Nashville Rescue Mission
Hope Lives Here! At Nashville Rescue Mission, you’ll be empowered to influence and impact lives. Join our team today!
Nashville Rescue Mission is actively seeking a full-time Case Manager to join our Women’s Guest Services team. Are you the right person?
You’re Strong In Your Faith and Flexible
Sharing the love of Jesus Christ is at the heart of this position. Provides case management services and Christian counseling, teaching and encouragement to those who come to the Mission for assistance; advocates on clients’ behalf for their many needs with various agencies; provides on-duty leadership during emergencies and some weekends.
You’re A Coach
Being open and making yourself available to those in need is a big part of this job. You’ll also need to administer, communicate and monitor policies and behavior. Handling a caseload involves working with the identified client as well as with the family system and relevant social systems (i.e. medical, behavioral health, child welfare, criminal justice, public assistance, housing).
You’re An Ambassador
Can you handle problems and conflict fairly, balancing justice and mercy, and exemplifying discernment and thoughtfulness? Knowing the rules and following the rules comes along with the territory when a child’s welfare is at stake. Works closely with mothers and children to provide a warm and inviting atmosphere that nurtures Christian growth for the whole family.
- Conducts intake interviews assessing new and existing guests’ potential for Nashville Rescue Mission or other Alcohol and Drug/Life Recovery programs, Nashville Rescue Mission’s Guest Volunteer Program (GVP), the Pathway to Work Programs, or emergency services scheduled counseling.
- Establishes and provides regular continuous contact with agencies and services providing assistance to emergency service guests.
- Establishes appropriate guest plans and mutually agreed “Covenant Agreements.”
- Refers guests to and coordinates with available internal Nashville Rescue Mission or external therapeutic, social service, educational and medical resources in achievement of guests’ plan goals.
- Assesses and ensures through case management assigned guests are achieving appropriate levels of progress, and properly documenting progress and statistical data in Nashville Rescue Mission’s database.
- Provides teaching assistance or mentoring as directed within the Guest Services guest education classroom curriculum on a set schedule.
- Mobilizes resources and interviews as needed to achieve expected goal to assist in achieving desired outcomes within the desired timeframe.
- Provides weekly “huddle” updates on utilization of services from guest entry to exit.
- Undertakes assignments given by the Director of Guest Services, Director of Case Management Services, or executive team prioritizing objectives in consultation with his/her supervisor.
- Regular attendance and punctuality are essential requirements of this position.
- Leads special groups or classes in assisting with housing, employment, financial training, teaching skills and backgrounds.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with 1 year of relevant work experience; or Master’s degree; or 10 years of relevant work experience and demonstrated ability to perform essential duties.
- Must have a committed personal relationship with Jesus Christ and belong to a Christian body of believers.
- Must agree with and sign Nashville Rescue Mission’s Statement of Christian Faith and be able to share that faith and knowledge with staff and guests.
- Ability to qualify as a designated Mission vehicle driver under Nashville Rescue Mission’s insurance policy:
- Valid Tennessee driver’s license
- Have no more than two moving violations in a 3-year period or more than one accident in a 1-year period
- Proof of insurance on personal vehicle (current)
- Physical driving test
- Have and maintain valid and current certifications for certain skills such as: Crisis Prevention, first aid, CPR, and Narcan. Nashville Rescue Mission will provide certifications.
- Proficient with computer input and standard office suite of software.
- Frequent close quarters with Mission guests as they enter and exit building.
- Frequent walking and standing.
- Frequent use of department personal protection supplies and equipment, such as latex gloves, and security tools, such as hand-held communication and bolt cutters.
- Careful attention to departmental personal protective equipment, such as latex gloves, and frequent use of hand sanitizer.
- Frequent and proper lifting of up to 25 pounds, bending, climbing (using step ladders or stairway) in the handling of guest luggage, and occasional requirements to restrain or control guests.
- Fast-paced environment; moderate noise level.
- Able to drive a 15 passenger van.
HEALTH BENEFITS, TIME AWAY FROM WORK, LIFE INSURANCE AND MORE
Eligible employees have medical plan options that give you the flexibility to choose the coverage that is right for you. Plans include a Health Savings Account with both employee and employer contributions. Telemedicine services are also available with all plans. You can also enroll in Dental and Vision plans.
Nashville Rescue Mission offers a generous Paid Time Off policy that allows new employees up to 27 days off their first year (pro-rated based on start date) for relaxation, holidays and to care for themselves or a family member in times of illness.
When life is getting difficult, it can help to talk with a professional. That’s why we have a Chaplain on staff as well as offer free counseling and referral services through the Employee Assistance Program.
As part of the Nashville Rescue Mission family, you can also enjoy other company-paid benefits like life insurance and short and long-term disability.
STUDENT LOAN FORGIVENESS
Created under the College Cost Reduction and Access Act of 2007, Public Service Loan Forgiveness allows borrowers who work full-time for nonprofits to have their outstanding debt forgiven tax-free on Federal Direct Loans, after making 120 qualifying monthly payments under a qualifying repayment plan.
Let us help you save for the future. Nashville Rescue Mission contributes 3% of an employee’s earnings after they have completed their first year of service. If you decide to contribute to the plan as well, you will enjoy a 50% match on contributions from 1% to 6%.
How to Apply
Nashville Rescue Mission is a Christ-centered community dedicated to providing hope for today, hope for tomorrow, and hope for eternity to the hungry, homeless, and hurting in Middle Tennessee.
We are always looking for extremely talented individuals to join our growing team of men and women who are focused on helping the homeless and hungry in our community. To apply, please click here.
- Date Posted: January 24, 2023
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Other
- Service Area: Social / Human Services
- Salary Range: $17.96 - $22.45
- Working Hours: Tuesday - Friday, 12:00 p.m. - 8:30 p.m.; Saturday, 10:00 a.m. - 6:30 p.m.