Nashville Rescue Mission
Nashville Rescue Mission is looking for a full-time Case Manager to join our Men’s Guest Services team. The primary responsibilities of the Case Manager are to coordinate and implement group activities on behalf of NRM for its guest population. Oversee and provide an ongoing short term plan to accomplish an acceptable outcome for exit and independence from NRM’s emergency services ministry. Through an initial assessment, begin to understand a guest’s spiritual starting point, history and current status of any substance abuse, mental illness, or both, family history as an available resource, income from work or social safety net, legal and financial entanglements, and capacity to work and live independently of NRM or other agencies. Uphold the Mission Statement of Faith and Code of Conduct at all times. Are you the right person?
You’re Strong In Your Faith and Flexible
Sharing the love of Jesus Christ is at the heart of this position. In this role, you will provide case management services and Christian counseling. You will teach and encourage Mission guests; advocate on guests’ behalf for their many needs with various agencies and provide leadership during emergencies.
You’re A Coach
Being open and making yourself available to those in need is a big part of this job. You’ll also need to administer, communicate and monitor policies and behavior. Handling a caseload involves working with the identified guest as well as with the family system and relevant social systems (i.e. medical, behavioral health, child welfare, criminal justice, public assistance, housing).
You’re An Ambassador
Can you handle problems and conflict fairly, balancing justice and mercy, and exemplifying discernment and thoughtfulness?
- Participates in administrative duties, which include publishing of the monthly activities calendar for guests, daily activities and special event communication through NRM’s various communication mechanisms, maintaining sign-up sheets and other miscellaneous administrative duties necessary to properly run the daily operations of activities.
- Reaches out to the greater community (through NRM’s Volunteer program, and in coordination with Director of Volunteer Services) to engage volunteers in implementing new activity programs.
- Leads activity development, programs and develops relationships with guests, community partners and volunteers to meet their varying needs.
- Provides regular documentation on all guests in ClientTrack as is relevant and monthly reporting to staff.
- Arranges for appropriate spiritual activities both in and outside of the community as reflected by guest preferences.
- Provides supervision and basic training of volunteers, when applicable.
- Works with Director to coordinate supply procurement, care and maintenance of supplies and equipment and works within budget guidelines.
- Posts a community calendar monthly according to Mission Standards.
- Encourages all guests to participate in some or all of activities. Maintains record of guest attendance.
- Works with the Special Events Director and/or Director of Volunteer Services in planning and assisting with all community programs which involve guests/staff/family participation.
- Arranges for a variety of volunteers to be brought to the community for the entertainment of the residents.
- Drives the community vehicle to transport guests on trips outside of the Mission for entertainment, education and/or to obtain medical or dental services.
- Conducts intake interviews assessing new and existing guests potential for NRM or other Alcohol and Drug/Life Recovery programs, NRM Guest Volunteer Program (GVP), The Pathway to Work Programs, or emergency services scheduled counseling.
- Provides teaching assistance or mentoring as directed within the Saturday School or other Guest Services guest education class room curriculum on a set schedule.
- Mobilizes resources and interviews as needed to achieve expected goal to assist in achieving desired outcomes within the desired time frame.
- Provides weekly “huddle” updates on utilization of services from guest entry to exit.
- Undertakes assignments given by the Director of Case Management Services, Senior Director of Guest Services, or executive team prioritizing objectives in consultation with his/her supervisor.
- Administers programs for smoking cessation, anger management or Celebrate Recovery 12-step programs to potentially prepare men for Life Recovery Programs.
- Leads special groups or classes as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in Business Administration, Human/Social Resources, or related fields, and/or five years’ experience in administration, and/or Certified Drug and Alcohol Counselor, Biblical Counseling (NANC) and/or Certified Clinical Supervisor. Advanced educational qualification (Masters of Theology, Divinity, or Counseling) preferred. On the job training of over 10 years, recognized denomination pastoral training, ordination, biblical counseling certification such as NANC may be substituted.
- Committed Christian open to sharing hope to those hurting.
- Strong ability to document using computer and office skills. Experience with ClientTrack and Microsoft Office, preferred.
- Experience as an Activities Coordinator is highly desirable.
- Valid Tennessee driver’s license with acceptable driving record for the past three years and must be insurable through Nashville Rescue Mission’s auto insurance provider.
HEALTH BENEFITS, TIME AWAY FROM WORK, LIFE INSURANCE AND MORE
Eligible employees have medical plan options that give you the flexibility to choose the coverage that is right for you. Plans include a Health Savings Account with both employee and employer contributions. Telemedicine services are also available with all plans. You can also enroll in Dental and Vision plans.
Nashville Rescue Mission offers a generous Paid Time Off policy that allows new employees up to 27 days off their first year (pro-rated based on start date) for relaxation, holidays and to care for themselves or a family member in times of illness.
When life is getting difficult, it can help to talk with a professional. That’s why we have a Chaplain on staff as well as offer free counseling and referral services through the Employee Assistance Program.
As part of the Nashville Rescue Mission family, you can also enjoy other company-paid benefits like life insurance and short and long-term disability.
Let us help you save for the future. Nashville Rescue Mission contributes 3% of an employee’s earnings after they have completed their first year of service. If you decide to contribute to the plan as well, you will enjoy a 50% match on contributions from 1% to 6%.
How to Apply
Nashville Rescue Mission is a Christ-centered community dedicated to providing hope for today, hope for tomorrow, and hope for eternity to the hungry, homeless, and hurting in Middle Tennessee. We are always looking for extremely talented individuals to join our growing team of men and women who are focused on helping the homeless and hungry in our community. To apply, visit our Career page or you can email your resume to HR@NashvilleRescueMission.org.
- Date Posted: November 23, 2020
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Human Resources
- Service Area: Health (Physical, Mental)