Dismas House of Nashville
Working from the Nashville campus and reporting to the VP of Programs, Dismas House of Nashville
seeks a full-time Case Manager to manage all aspects of resident care. We’re looking for a
compassionate, care-driven professional who believes in facilitating wellness for residents and
their families and will take initiative in instituting case management policies and effectively
communicating with residents. In addition to working closely with the VP of Programs, case
managers will work closely with the Admissions Manager, as well as be responsible for reporting to
and communicating with the Care Team about resident progress. The ideal candidate can start by
September 15, 2020 and will have flexibility with work hours including the ability to work some evening
and weekend hours as needed. Further, the ideal candidate must have a reliable car, and have
experience and/or passion for working with justice-impacted individuals. Bilingual Spanish is a huge plus thought not mandatory.
• Maintain an open line of communication with the Admissions Manager about new arrivals and
• Follow procedures and protocols for intake residency so that each client receives consistent,
attentive care through the duration of their stay with us.
• Meet weekly with clients to assist them in establishing goals; discussing progress on these reentry
goals; development of life skills; and provide supportive environment for the discussion
of life issues, including in part housing entitlements, employment, counseling, substance abuse
programs, education and parenting skills.
• Assess resident needs and prepare re-entry plans ensuring needed services are provided to
• Work closely and communicate regularly with our Mental Health provider to schedule
appointments, share feedback with the Dismas care team and ensure Dismas staff is supporting
residents in following the clinical recommendations in their treatment plans.
• Schedule necessary appointments in tandem with residents.
• Conduct monthly and/or as needed resident urine tests.
• Arrange meetings with appropriate specialists and program partners that will assist clients in
securing housing, employment and other services.
• Monitor and adjust resident status based on changing needs and conditions.
• Communicate regularly with residents about residential policies and resident concerns,
answering questions about their needs, goals and treatment plans.
• Serve as main point of contact for residents which might include communication by phone, text
and email outside your working hours.
• Maintain a current list of community resources and ensure that clients receive needed services.
• Schedule and, if necessary, escort/transport clients to outside service agencies as needed.
• Prepare required forms and keep accurate, up-to-date documentation on all clients. Including
but not limited to, re-entry plans, case notes, etc.
• Attend all mandatory trainings, workshops and meetings as required.
• Maintain regular communication with POs about concerns and/or change of status of residents.
• Room searches as needed.
• Attend and escort residents on quarterly outing.
• Hold residents accountable for consequences of infractions.
• Performs other duties as assigned and needed.
DESIRED BACKGROUND & PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES
• Bachelor’s degree in behavioral or social sciences, or related field required. Master’s in Social
Work or related field preferred; and being a licensed social worker is a huge plus.
• 2-5 years of related experience in social services and/or case management, preferably in a nonprofit
• Strong written and verbal communication skills and a capacity to communicate effectively
empathetically and with a trauma-informed approach to the clients we serve.
• Propensity to work with energy, a high degree of initiative and from a positive perspective
while maintaining flexibility and attention to detail.
• Enormous passion for and commitment to the mission of Dismas House; understanding of
prison culture desired.
• Strong organizational and administrative abilities, including increasing efficiencies around
systems, procedures and protocols.
• Excellent computer skills and knowledge of database programs and Windows-based operating
• Comfortable going inside correctional facilities (if needed).
Salary is commensurate with experience. Excellent benefits package provided through the State of
How to Apply
Interested parties should send cover letter and resume to email@example.com. No calls please.
- Date Posted: August 13, 2020
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Programs and Service Delivery
- Service Area: Social / Human Services
- Start Date: 09/14/2020
- Salary Range: 45,000-55,000
- Working Hours: 40hrs/wk