Working from the Nashville office and reporting to the VP of Programs, Dismas House of Nashville seeks a full-time Case Manager to manage all aspects of resident care. We’re looking for a compassionate, care-driven professional who believes in facilitating wellness for residents and their families and will take initiative in instituting case management procedures and effectively communicating with and individualizing care for, residents. The case manager will also work closely with the Admissions Manager, as well as be responsible for reporting to and communicating with the Case Management Team about resident progress. The ideal candidate can start by July 15, 2020 and will have flexibility with work hours including the ability to work some evening and weekend hours as needed. Further, the ideal candidate must have a reliable car, and have experience and/or passion for working with justice-impacted individuals.
• Maintain an open line of communication with the Admissions Manager about new arrivals and upcoming intakes.
• Follow procedures and protocols for intake residency so that each client receives consistent, attentive care through the duration of their stay with us.
• Meet weekly (or more) with clients to assist them in establishing goals; discussing progress on these re-entry goals; development of life skills; and provide supportive environment for the discussion of life issues, including in part housing entitlements, employment, counseling, substance abuse programs, education and parenting skills.
• Assess resident needs and work with a ream to prepare re-entry plans ensuring needed services are provided to each client.
• Work closely and communicate regularly with our Mental Health provider to schedule appointments, share feedback with the Dismas care team and ensure Dismas staff is supporting residents in following the clinical recommendations in their treatment plans.
• Schedule necessary appointments in tandem with residents.
• Conduct monthly and/or as needed resident urine tests.
• Arrange meetings with appropriate specialists and program partners that will assist clients in securing housing, employment and other services.
• Monitor and adjust resident status based on changing needs and conditions.
• Communicate regularly with residents about residential policies and resident concerns, answering questions about their needs, goals and treatment plans.
• Serve as main point of contact for residents which might include communication by phone, text and email outside your working hours.
• Maintain a current list of community resources and ensure that clients receive needed services.
• Schedule and, if necessary, escort/transport clients to outside service agencies as needed.
• Prepare required forms and keep accurate, up-to-date documentation on all clients. Including but not limited to, re-entry plans, case notes, etc.
• Attend all mandatory trainings, workshops and meetings as required.
• Maintain regular communication with POs about concerns and/or change of status of residents.
• Room searches as needed.
• Attend and escort residents on quarterly outing.
• Hold residents accountable for consequences of infractions.
• Performs other duties as assigned and needed.
DESIRED BACKGROUND & PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES
- Bachelor’s degree in behavioral or social sciences, or related field required. Master’s in Social Work or related field preferred; and being a licensed social worker is a huge plus.
- 3-5 years of related experience in social services and/or case management, preferably in a non-profit setting.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and a capacity to communicate effectively empathetically and with a trauma-informed approach to the clients we serve.
- Propensity to work with energy, a high degree of initiative and from a positive perspective while maintaining flexibility and attention to detail.
- Enormous passion for and commitment to the mission of Dismas House; understanding of prison culture desired.
- Strong organizational and administrative abilities, including increasing efficiencies around systems, procedures and protocols.
- Excellent computer skills and knowledge of database programs and Windows-based operating system. Knowledge of Exce
- Comfortable going inside correctional facilities (if needed).
Salary is commensurate with experience. Excellent benefits package provided through the State of Tennessee.
How to Apply
Interested parties should send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.
- Date Posted: June 2, 2020
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Programs and Service Delivery
- Service Area: Social / Human Services
- Start Date: 07/15/2020
- Working Hours: 40hrs/wk