Case Management Associate
Title: Case Management Associate
Position Type: Full Time / Non-Exempt
Reports to: Case Management Coordinator
Are you passionate about helping to improve the lives of people living with HIV/AIDS? Do you have the ability to help clients navigate healthcare systems? If so, we would like to hear from you! This position is ideal for individuals living with HIV and interested in assisting others with navigating the services and support available.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Gather documentation and complete eligibility applications in electronic and paper systems and gather and organize documentation to insure access to and use of programs.
- Serve as initial contact person conducting client intakes and semi-annual updates.
- Provide resources and support to individuals living with HIV
- Connect clients to services to address medical, social and/or practical needs within CARES and the community.
- Work closely with primary Case Manager in providing support and follow-up to clients, including:
- HIV treatment education
- Treatment adherence skills
- Health and wellness education
- Social support
- Provider communication skills
- HIV status disclosure support
- Safer sex education and support
- Transporting clients to and from appointments and making home visits as needed
- Accurately maintain documentation of services provided consistent with grant, department and professional standards.
- High school diploma or GED
- Demonstrated ability to cultivate and maintain positive working relationships
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel)
- Excellent organizational and problem solving skills
- Ability to interact and work with people from diverse backgrounds
- Ability to work with sensitive information and maintain confidentiality
- Excellent records maintenance, clerical and office skills
- Valid Tennessee Driver’s License, vehicle, and automobile liability insurance to facilitate local travel required for client/agency related business.
- Experience working with clients in HIV and/or social services setting
- Experience managing appointments, healthcare navigation, and medication regimens
- Knowledge of the healthcare environment and community resources
- Knowledge of Ryan White programs
Note: The interview process will include a computer skills assessment and writing assessment
Salary: Competitive non-profit compensation $13.00 – $14.50/hour
Competitive Benefits Include: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, 403b, generous paid time off policy (27 – 37 days per year based on accruals and length of service); 11 paid holidays and more.
Nashville CARES is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all members of our staff, volunteers and clients. We respect equality and inclusivity for all people and will not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or gender identity. We respect, value and celebrate the unique attributes, characteristics and perspectives that make each person who they are.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by an employee in this position. It is not to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications of employees assigned to this job.
Thank you for applying for this position. All applicants will be considered. Only those with skills and experience most closely fitting the requirements will be contacted for interviews.
How to Apply
Please submit your resume and cover letter for consideration for this position.
- Date Posted: May 14, 2020
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Programs and Service Delivery
- Service Area: Social / Human Services