Operation Stand Down Tennessee
Career Services Specialist
Operation Stand Down Tennessee
The Career Services Specialist assists veteran applicants with career guidance, resume development, interview techniques and best practices for gaining job placement. He/She makes networking connections for veterans conducting career searches and/or matches veterans with jobs available primarily in the Greater Nashville area depending on the needs of the veteran client. He/She maintains contacts with businesses, veterans and other educational, training and industry/peer support group organizations to ensure the best possible variety of available jobs and network connections for veterans.
- Reviews, interviews and tests veteran applicants to determine skill levels and potential areas for job placement.
- Conducts or arranges for skill and/or aptitude testing of applicants as applicable.
- Records information on applicant’s skills, abilities, interest test results, and other data pertinent to selection and referral of applicants. Reviews employment applications and evaluates work history, education and training, job skills, compensation needs, other qualifications of applicants. Contacts employers to solicit orders for job vacancies, and records information on forms to describe duties, hiring requirements and related data.
- Researches databases, job orders and other sources to locate potential jobs for veterans. Refers selected applicants to human resources departments according to the policy of the organization. Informs applicants of job duties and responsibilities, compensation, benefits, work schedules, working conditions, promotional opportunities and other related information.
- Makes networking connections for veterans conducting career searches. Supports OSDTN engagement team networking events.
- Refers applicants to vocational counseling as needed. Interviews job applicants to select those meeting employer qualifications.
- Creates, maintains and updates OSDTN database showing employers who have hired veterans.
- Maintains all necessary records using automated data processing or other means. Analyzes data and produces all needed reports.
- Maintains liaison with companies who have or may employ veterans.
- Provides general employment counseling to veteran applicants who may be disabled, special disabled, displaced, homeless, have recently completed an accredited substance abuse program and others who may have barriers to employment.
1. Adheres to Agency and Department policies and procedures.
2. Participates in Agency and Department meetings and events, collection of data/information, and Quality
Improvement Monitoring and Review.
3. Performs other duties as designated by supervisor or agency.
Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Experience in general Human Resources, employee recruiting/retention, and/or job training programs preferred.
Generous PTO; limited healthcare plan; 401K
How to Apply
Email firstname.lastname@example.org; no phone calls. A writing sample will be required.
- Date Posted: March 8, 2021
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Programs and Service Delivery
- Service Area: Social / Human Services
- Start Date: 04/26/2021
- Salary Range: 35000-40000
- Working Hours: 40 hrs/week