Operation Stand Down Tennessee
Career Services Coordinator/Case Manager
Operation Stand Down Tennessee
Dual role position whereas:
1) As the Career Services Coordinator: assists Veteran applicants with career guidance, resume development, interview techniques and best practices for gaining job placement. He/She makes networking connections for Veterans conducting career searches and/or matches Veterans with jobs available primarily in the Greater Nashville area depending on the needs of the Veteran client. He/She maintains contacts with businesses, Veterans and other educational, training and industry/peer support group organizations to ensure the best possible variety of available jobs and network connections for Veterans.
2) As the Service Center Case Manager: is responsible for carefully assessing Veteran and his/her family housing needs, developing action plans, and providing or arranging assistance to the Veteran and his/her family through referrals to other community partners. The employee will work with clients to continually revise plans as needed to maximize success. The employee should expect work in in the field as needed.
CAREER SERVICES COORDINATOR ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Reviews, interviews, and tests Veteran applicants to determine skill levels and potential areas for job placement.
- Conducts or arranges for skill and/or aptitude testing of applicants as applicable.
- Records information on Veteran’s knowledge, skills, abilities, interest test results, and other data pertinent to selection and referral of applicants. Reviews employment applications and evaluates work history, education and training, job skills, compensation needs, other qualifications of Veteran applicants.
- Researches databases, job orders and other sources to locate potential jobs for Veterans. Refers selected applicants to human resources departments according to the policy of the organization. Informs applicants of job duties and responsibilities, compensation, benefits, work schedules, working conditions, promotional opportunities, and other related information.
- Makes networking connections for Veterans conducting career searches. Supports OSDTN engagement team networking events.
- Refers applicants to vocational counseling as needed. Interviews job applicants to select those meeting employer qualifications.
- Creates, maintains and updates OSDTN database showing employers who have hired Veterans.
- Maintains all necessary records using automated data processing or other means. Analyzes data and produces all needed reports.
- Identify, establish and/or maintain contact with key employers and community job placement/training providers who support OSDTN efforts to place Veteran clients in meaningful employment.
- Provides general employment counseling to Veteran applicants who may be disabled, displaced, homeless and those who have recently completed an accredited substance abuse program and others who may have barriers to employment.
SERVICE CENTER CASE MANAGER ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Complete a range of social work / case management activities with homeless and housing vulnerable Veterans and their families: Intake and Assessment, Care Planning (develop, monitor, update, and revise), Referral, Liaison/Brokering, Education and Advocacy.
2. Evaluate suitability for other agency programs.
3. If ineligible for other agency programs, through direct linkage, advocacy, education, and support, implement and update the client with a comprehensive Case Management Plan to secure and/or maintain access to and use of:
- Housing and Housing Resources: VASH, (subsidized/certificate programs) and private landlords.
- Community Social Services and Resources: entitlements, public assistance, financial assistance, employment, and legal aid.
4. Coordinate with the client access and use of agency and community direct financial assistance resources to include rent/utility deposits, rent, utility, and other relevant housing expenses.
5. Facilitate proactive problem solving and communication between clients and landlords.
6. Assist in the process of securing and maintaining needed program(s) eligibility documentation.
7. Maintain needed documentation of services rendered, to include contacts, units, progress notes, assessments, care plans and outcomes via client databases.
Resource Identification / Outreach:
Assist Service Center Program Manager to:
1. Identify, establish and/or maintain contact with key housing services/resources providers that support permanent housing placement.
2. Identify, establish and/or maintain contact with key Veteran and social services providers of services that supporting client long-term permanent housing stability.
- Bachelor’s degree: Strong preference for those candidates who have experience in general Human Resources, employee recruiting and/or job training programs preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and excellent written, oral, and interpersonal skills.
A liberal PTO policy; 401K; subsidized medical, dental and vision plans. Hybrid work environment possible.
How to Apply
A resume and cover letter should be submitted to email@example.com. No phone calls please. Selected candidate must pass a drug test and background check.
- Date Posted: May 17, 2022
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Programs and Service Delivery
- Service Area: Social / Human Services
- Start Date: 06/30/2022
- Salary Range: $40,000-$45,000 DOE
- Working Hours: 40 hrs/week