Care Coordinator (Benton County)
- Ability to display effective communication.
- Be approachable and engaging.
- Ability to build teams that are cohesive and promote trust.
- Display a knowledge of child-serving systems and local resources.
- Ability to encourage youth and family voice and choice.
- Be knowledgeable and sensitive to the culture of the youth and family and effectively convey that to team members.
- Ability to empathize with families.
- Focus on empowering children/youth and families.
- Display strong organizational skills and be a self-starter.
- Strong desire to help people.
- Ability to solicit services of a Family Support Specialist (as needed) to provide advocacy and support on the Child Family Team.
- Knowledge of children’s mental, emotional, and social development and well-being.
- Knowledge of and experience working with juvenile justice, educational, and other child-serving systems.
- Knowledge of how to develop family-driven and strength-based treatment/behavior plans with families.
- Knowledge of system of care/wraparound principles/practices.
- Excellent organizational, written, communication and problem-solving/creative thinking skills.
- Excellent collaboration, customer service, and leadership skills
- Responsible for ensuring all phases and activities of the Wraparound Process are done to high quality and fidelity – accountable to family team.
- Complete required evaluation
- Provide face-to-face direct service hours to families as needed in implementing High-Fidelity wraparound.
- Collaborates with the family in developing a list of individuals they want to attend the Family Team Meetings
- Ensure that the wraparound process is family driven and youth guided, and that families experience ongoing participation in and ownership of their care plans.
- In collaboration with the family, facilitate the scheduling of case conferences and family team meetings.
- Develop and coordinate Individual Service Plan (ISP) with the family.
- Provide linkage to community resources, clinical services, and natural supports related to the child/youth.
- Works as a team to ensure coordinated service delivery and at least weekly face-to-face contact with family/youth, or as needed per family request.
- Facilitates the Child and Family Team Meetings and communicates with natural supports and team members regarding youth/families’ participation in services and progress in completing goals established.
- Complete transition plan/discharge summary.
- Ensure client information is secured consistent with HIPAA requirements.
- Participate in team-based supervision meetings.
- Engage Youth Engagement Specialist to provide skills building for the child/youth as appropriate.
- Maintain up-to-date case records on each client family,
- Through the guidance of the SOCAT-N Community Engagement Specialist, maintain and build community relations, through education, advocacy, and participating in external meetings such as the Community Action Board (CAB), and other meetings related to children/youth and families.
- Attend and participate in local and statewide meetings and workgroups.
- Participate and engage in the local SOCAT-N team meetings.
- Work with the SOCAT-N Community Engagement staff to identify and engage with local community resources.
- Maintain and build trusted relationships with clients, partners, and stakeholders.
- Projects a positive image of the organization to employees, customers, industry, and community.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Requires a valid driver’s license and proof of current auto insurance.
Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in social or behavioral sciences, experience navigating the child-serving systems and eligible to obtain Tennessee Family Support Specialist Certification. Non-profit organization experience and work history within child serving systems preferred. Experience working with children/youth and families with significant behavioral health needs. Ability to provide a strength-based, client-centered approach to service delivery.
A career at TN Voices offers a motivating and team player environment with a comprehensive benefits package for full-time employees including Health, Dental, Vision, Company Paid Life Insurance, 403b plan with match and supplemental benefits options – in addition to thirteen (13) paid holidays and a generous PTO accrual system.
How to Apply
Please email your current resume to Blair Chapman at email@example.com.
- Date Posted: May 5, 2021
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Programs and Service Delivery
- Service Area: Social / Human Services
- Start Date: 05/17/2021
- Working Hours: 40 hrs/wk; M-F