Junior Achievement of Middle TN
Junior Achievement of Middle TN
Junior Achievement: Empowering young people to own their economic success®
Junior Achievement of Middle Tennessee’s purpose is to inspire and prepare young people to succeed in a global economy. Junior Achievement reaches students across the Middle TN area with relevant, hands-on learning experiences that teach young people to manage their money, plan for their economic future, own their own business, and develop readiness for careers or college.
Junior Achievement associates are known for their passion for the JA mission that brings together business and education to work with students in kindergarten through high school so they are empowered to own their economic success. Members of the JA team interact with community leaders who support JA with their time, treasure, and talent. Junior Achievement of Middle Tennessee offers a collaborative, inclusive work environment and the opportunity to impact the lives of young people in our community.
JA of Middle TN is an equal opportunity employer. We prohibit discrimination and harassment based on race, color, creed, religion, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, pregnancy, marital status, disability, genetic factor, sexual orientation, application or membership (current or past) in the uniformed services, public assistance status or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local laws. This applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
POSITION CONCEPT: This position supports the effective operation of the Capstone (JA BizTown and JA Finance Park) simulation assuring quality and effectiveness of the student, teacher and volunteer experience.
- Assist with planning and facilitating the Capstone simulation as assigned by the JA BizTown or JA Finance Park Managers.
- Develop and implement tools to provide the needed information to volunteers and students during their day in the town or park.
- Steward relationships with educators and volunteers; write thank you letters and maintain records.
- Assist the Managers in developing and preparing marketing materials and other program materials for use in the Capstone facility.
- Process student/class registrations and maintain records.
- Obtain quotes for product supplies and printed materials; purchase supplies in a timely manner and maintain inventory.
- Prepare a monthly schedule for site cleaning; inspect, update, and maintain equipment and facilities.
- Reset the facility each day for the next day’s students.
- Maintain and upgrade computer equipment, as necessary.
- Create content and implement summer camp programs in collaboration with the Capstone team.
- Other projects as required.
This position description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other reasonable job-related duties required by their team lead. This document does not create an employment contract implied or otherwise, other than an “at-will” relationship.
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience is preferred. Prior experience in a fast-paced environment. Prior experience working with children.
- Educational/Instructional background preferred.
- Strong problem solving skills; strong presentation and public speaking skills.
- Ability to prioritize and perform multiple tasks in a fast paced, changing environment.
- Flexible with time; able to be on feet for long periods of time.
- Organized and detail oriented.
- Advanced computer skills.
- Fluency in Spanish, or Arabic
- COVID-19 vaccination strongly recommended
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to: sit, walk, occasionally required to reach with hands and arms, continually required to talk or hear, occasionally required to bend, lift, or climb, frequently required to lift and carry light weights (25-50 pounds), and specific vision abilities include: close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust or focus.
BACKGROUND CHECK: This position is subject to the successful completion of a background check and verification of information contained in resume.
Paid time off
Health Benefits – medical, dental, vision
Short Term Disability
401k (after 12months employment)
How to Apply
Please send resume and cover letter by email to Rachel Dyer, Senior Director of Operations & Programs – email@example.com
- Date Posted: November 2, 2021
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Programs and Service Delivery
- Service Area: Children / Youth
- Start Date: 11/29/2021
- Salary Range: 17-20/hr depending on experience
- Working Hours: 40 hrs/wk; M-F 7:30am - 4:30pm