Special Kids Therapy & Nursing Center
Provides care for the medical needs and assists with activities of daily living for children enrolled in the Camp Ability program. Full-time seasonal summer position; 05/01/2019-07/31/2019
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties within scope of practice maybe assigned.
- Administers prescribed medications and treatments as scheduled and appropriate.
- Maintains accurate records for each camper including times of administration of medications.
- Maintains awareness of comfort and safety needs of patients by assisting with the daily care of campers.
- Responds to and leads team during medical emergency situations based upon nursing standards, policies, procedures, and protocol.
- Observes patient, records significant conditions and reactions, and notifies supervisor or the patient’s Physician of patient’s condition and reaction to drugs, treatments, and significant incidents.
- Completes initial assessments for new patients enrolled in the Camp Ability program.
- Participates in department quality improvement activities.
- Attends meetings and conferences and participates in other activities to promote professional growth.
Education and/or Experience
Associate’s degree or equivalent from two-year college or technical school in Nursing program or Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university in Nursing.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have basic computer skills and the ability to learn new software and webbased applications such as electronic medical records.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Current State of Tennessee LPN or RN license is required; CPR certification required.
- Servant’s heart.
- Passion to serve the children and families.
- Willingness to go the extra mile.
- Team minded and focused.
- Joyful in spirit.
- Respectful of authority.
- Solves problems creatively.
How to Apply
Please visit: https://recruiting.paylocity.com/Recruiting/Jobs/Details/241756
- Date Posted: February 25, 2020
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Clinician
- Service Area: Children / Youth
- Working Hours: Full time season