Girl Scouts of Middle TN
Camp Director – Program Specialist
Girl Scouts of Middle TN
This position is responsible for the creation, management, and implementation of summer camp and year-round programs within the scope of Girl Scouts of Middle Tennessee’s mission and vision. In addition, this position is responsible for providing direction and leadership for staff and volunteers in positioning Girl Scouts as the premier outdoor programming provider for girls & young women in middle Tennessee.
- Develop and manage the summer camp program at Camp Sycamore Hills to include day camp and overnight camp programs.
- Create year-round program activities that meet diverse girls’ needs and interests and build rapport with families considering summer camp programs.
- Collaborate with other GSMIDTN teams to ensure a seamless summer camp and outdoor program experience to include equestrian, adventure, aquatics, and STEAM experiences.
- Work within the Outdoor Team to build progressive programming for summer camp and year-round programming.
- Manage seasonal and camp-related program staff processes including recruitment, hiring, ongoing performance management, development, and transition to part-time as applicable.
- Develop a staff training program that is responsive to the emerging needs of staff and the camping industry.
- Promote a positive work environment with a growth mindset and high staff morale through staff communication and staff development sessions; Act as a mentor to staff and develop and follow feedback mechanisms to account for staffing needs and trends.
- Coordinate and work with the site manager to identify and resolve property issues and needs.
- Develop and oversee the implementation of schedules and procedures for camp operations; maintain and review records and evaluations of staff, volunteers, programs, operations, and related infrastructures.
- Ensure that all activities are consistent with Girl Scouts of Middle Tennessee’s risk and safety management protocols and comply with federal, state, and local regulations and GSUSA policies related to health, safety, and security.
- Enforce safety and health standards, camp rules, and GSMIDTN policies following emergency procedures as outlined.
- Develop yearly camp and program budgets and work within established budgets to meet the operational and staffing needs of the camp, including equipment, supplies, food, trading post inventory, and staffing levels.
- Actively collaborate with youth organizations, the camping industry, and other community agencies to ensure a high-quality of program based on current trends.
- Respond to family and volunteer concerns about our camp and outdoor programs
- Apply a continuous quality improvement process in delivering the program and design and implement a program evaluation system that determines the impact of programming on girls’ development and maintains communication with girls about their programming interests.
- Other tasks and duties as assigned by management.
- Associate’s degree required; bachelor’s degree preferred, related work experience may be substituted for degree.
- Minimum three years of experience as a Camp Director, preferably with overnight camping.
- Experience managing staff
- MUST be able to live on the campsite for a minimum of 4 months.
Health, dental, vision, life, disability, paid time off and paid holidays. 403B match with participation.
How to Apply
Please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Date Posted: November 15, 2023
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Programs and Service Delivery
- Service Area: Children / Youth
- Start Date: 12/01/2023
- Salary Range: $46-$48,000
- Working Hours: Various