Camera Control Operator
Brentwood United Methodist Church
The Camera Control Operator is responsible for capturing and recording aspects of worship services and events at Brentwood United Methodist Church. Hours of work are mostly on Sunday mornings, 7a-1p.
Category: Part-time Position, Non-exempt
- Operates the PTZ Camera Controller (3-camera system) to preset shots, follow dynamic movement as needed, maintain proper focus, color balance, and iris levels
- Under the direction of the Technical Director, adjusts camera quickly in real time
- Limited responsibility to cue up lower third title graphics
- Experience with pro-level video production equipment to include PTZ cameras and camera controller systems
- Experience with real-time operation of PTZ camera controller
- Working knowledge of shot selection and composition, terminology, scopes (waveform, vector, etc.) and related tools, etc.
- Cross training on switching equipment provided to familiarize CCO with TD position
- Working knowledge of PhotoShop
- Team-player with ability to lead well, stay calm under pressure, and be service-oriented
- Adaptable and flexible in a changing work environment while approaching tasks and duties with a positive attitude
Education and Experience Requirements
- Associates degree or equivalent certification in cinematography, film, or broadcasting
- One (1) – two (2) years experience in camera operation and/or video production
This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
This job operations in an event space environment (sanctuary). This role operates a PTZ camera and standard computer equipment.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be in an event space (sanctuary) environment. Position is mostly standing and is required to talk, hear, sit, walk, sit, stoop, bend, reach, and crawl. Employee must occasionally lift equipment or other items up to 25 pounds.
Expected Hours of Work
Total hours per week are 8-10 hours.
In-building work hours are Sunday 7:00a – 1:00p (6 hours) for live-stream worship services.
Additional weekday hours (up to 2 hours) are needed for production planning and preparation for a total of up to 8 hours per week. These additional hours may be done in-building or remote.
There are no benefits for this position as it is part-time.
How to Apply
Submit online application found at https://www.bumc.net/employment
- Date Posted: June 16, 2021
- Type: Part-Time
- Job Function: Communications / Marketing / PR
- Service Area: Religious
- Start Date: 07/12/2021
- Salary Range: $25-$30 / hour
- Working Hours: Sunday morning 7a-1p plus other hours during the week to prepare.