University School of Nashville
Business Office Manager
University School of Nashville
University School of Nashville
Business Office Associate
University School of Nashville invites applications for the position of Business Office Manager. The Business Office Manager will be responsible for assisting with various tasks related to HR, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, and other business office functions as required. This role will support the overall business operations of University School of Nashville and ensure that all financial and administrative tasks are completed accurately and in a timely manner. This position reports to the Chief Financial Officer and is full-time non-exempt.
The ideal candidate will possess excellent communication skills and be a professional who is dependable and organized, with integrity, enthusiasm, and a can-do attitude. Attention to detail and dedication to compliance with accounting standards are expected. Preference will be given to candidates with a 4-year degree in a related field and at least two years experience in accounting processes, payables, purchasing, bookkeeping, and/or payroll. Strong computer skills are a must and experience with Blackbaud Financial Edge, PayCom, Paymerang, and/or Truist Enterprise Spending Platform (ESP) is a plus.
USN has a deep commitment to equitable and just community spaces. Candidates should be knowledgeable of research on how implicit biases in race, ethnicity, gender identity and socioeconomic class can shape curricula and pedagogy, classroom culture, and student outcomes. Candidates should be able to translate that knowledge into demonstrable actions that promote equitable and just teaching and learning cultures.
University School of Nashville is an independent, non-sectarian, co-educational day school with enrollment of over 1,000 students kindergarten through twelfth grade. In 1915, the George Peabody College for Teachers opened Peabody Demonstration School, USN’s predecessor, which earned acclaim for its curriculum and faculty. In 1974, Peabody College announced plans to close PDS, and a group of parents, alumni, students, and teachers reconstituted and re-chartered the school as University School of Nashville.
USN’s midtown location adjacent to Vanderbilt University and its Peabody College for Teachers reminds us each day of our beginnings over a century ago in the demonstration school culture of innovation and educational best practices. It’s a vibrant educational community for both students and teachers in the midst of a dynamic city.
In the USN community, students expect much of each other, and faculty benefit from that high standard. We seek educators who are enthusiastic about their own learning to complement their work and we offer many opportunities for professional growth. USN is committed to creating an institutional environment that mirrors the cultural and ethnic composition of greater Nashville. USN encourages a diverse applicant pool and provides equal employment opportunities for employees and job applicants.
- Processing vendor invoices, verifying accuracy and completeness, and obtaining necessary approvals.
- Preparing and processing checks, wire transfers, and other forms of payment.
- Primary contact for vendor billing issues.
- Prepare internal billings for copier, postage, catering and other.
- Maintaining accurate and organized financial records and documentation.
- Administer and coordinate USN’s purchasing card program.
- Prepare and send monthly departmental budget reports.
- Entering and posting AP transactions to the General Ledger.
- Assisting with onboarding and offboarding processes, including collecting necessary paperwork, updating employee records, and coordinating payroll.
- Assisting with employee offers and changes to employee statuses.
- Assisting with employee benefits, such as health insurance and retirement plans, and serving as a point of contact for employee questions and concerns.
- Maintaining employee files and ensuring compliance with state and federal regulations.
- Collecting and processing tuition payments and other student fees.
- Process, record and deposit checks and cash for accounts receivable and enter and post deposits to the financial system.
Business Office Support:
- Assisting with various administrative tasks, such as answering phones, scheduling appointments, and maintaining office supplies.
- Assist with external audits, financial statement preparation, and reconciliations.
- Collaborating with other departments to ensure smooth operations of the school.
- Supporting the Business Office in various projects and initiatives as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, accounting, or a related field.
- At least 2 years of experience in a similar role, preferably in an educational setting.
- Strong knowledge of human resources, accounts payable, and accounts receivable processes and principles.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to work collaboratively with a wide range of stakeholders.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and experience with accounting software.
- Understanding of state and federal regulations related to employment and financial management.
The Business Office Manager will report to the Controller and will work closely with other members of the business office team. This is a full-time position with a competitive salary and benefits packages. University School of Nashville is an equal opportunity employer and encourages candidates from diverse backgrounds to apply.
How to Apply
In order to be considered for this position, all applicants must complete the online application available at usn.org/jobs . Please be prepared to upload your resume and a brief cover letter when prompted as part of the online application.
Technical tip – If you encounter any issues completing this application, switching to Internet Explorer will typically resolve the problem.
- Date Posted: May 1, 2023
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Accounting / Financial Management
- Service Area: Education
- Start Date: 07/10/2023
- Working Hours: 40 hrs/wk; 7:30am - 4:30pm