Business Manager – College of Liberal Arts and Social Sciences (CLASS)
This position administers business affairs of the College of Liberal Arts and Social Sciences (CLASS) serves as the budget manager and analyst for all units in CLASS including the College’s three schools, Grant ORGs, Dean’s office, restricted funds, agency funds, grants, and Academic Outreach budgets within CLASS.
- Assists CLASS Dean in annual budget preparation and serves as liaison with Finance & Accounting and other academic budget managers.
- Prepares reports and analyses as requested, Reconciles monthly; Banner reports for current budgets and restricted funds.
- Manages the Accounts Payables/Receivables processes for CLASS budgets and restricted accounts, including those set
- up for grants and student club agency accounts.
Expedites purchase orders, check requests, interdepartmental transfers, deposits, petty cash, and Belmont corporate credit cards.
- Serves as primary CLASS contact for day-to-day billing and budget questions with Finance & Accounting, Bookstore, UMPR, ITS, User Services, Maintenance, Catering, and other related campus departments.
- Manages CLASS payroll and Faculty Load and Compensation (FLAC) functions
- Prepares payroll for adjunct faculty for review by the Associate Dean of Administration and approval by the Dean.
- Monitors student payroll budgets.
- Serves as Adjunct Coordinator for CLASS.
- Provides support for Commencement, Hooding, and other occasional activities and events that may occur on evenings and weekends.
- Knowledge of and competency in university accounting and budgeting procedures.
- Knowledge of Belmont’s work culture.
- Must have computer proficiency in Excel including: building worksheets and workbooks, using formula functions, formatting worksheets for formal reports, creating charts, and creating and managing linked workbooks.
- Must have word processing proficiency to produce basic correspondence and financial reports.
- Must be able to manage multiple tasks and priorities with frequent interruptions; must be flexible.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Must be able to work independently.
- Must possess organizing and coordinating skills.
- Must possess strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Must be able to troubleshoot basic computer problems.
|Required Education||Requires a bachelor’s degree in accounting or equivalent plus at least 5 years related experience.|
|Required Experience||Minimum of five years of academic office support and budget management experience. Bookkeeping and/or accounting experience|
How to Apply
Apply by going to:
- Date Posted: February 14, 2020
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Accounting / Financial Management
- Service Area: Education
- Start Date: 03/02/2020
- Working Hours: 37.5