Business Improvement Liaison
TennCare is Tennessee’s managed care Medicaid program that provides health insurance coverage to certain groups of low-income individuals such as pregnant women, children, caretaker relatives of young children, older adults, and adults with physical disabilities. TennCare provides coverage for approximately 1.4 million Tennesseans and operates with an annual budget of approximately $12 billion. It is run by the Division of TennCare with oversight and some funding from the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS).
WHY WORK AT TENNCARE
TennCare’s mission is to improve the lives of Tennesseans by providing high-quality cost-effective care. To fulfill that purpose, we equip each employee for active participation and empower teams to communicate and work collaboratively to improve organizational processes in order to make a difference in the lives our members. Because of the positive impact TennCare has on the lives of the most vulnerable Tennesseans, TennCare employees report that their work provides them with a sense of meaning, purpose, and accomplishment. TennCare leadership understands that employees are our most valuable resource and ensures professional and leadership development are a priority for the agency.
JOB AND DEPARTMENTAL OVERVIEW
The Division of TennCare is seeking a Business Improvement Liaison to work in the Compliance and Policy Group within Member Services. This position will report directly to the Deputy Director and will be responsible for serving as a liaison to TennCare system contractors and interagency divisions supporting the business activities conducted by the Compliance and Policy Group. This position will work with CPG leadership in project coordination and will advise on project status including requirements or barriers to completion. This position will perform business process analysis and make recommendations for improvements. This may include the submittal of change requests and participation in end to end user acceptance testing prior to the implementation of systems changes to ensure changes follow Member Services business needs.
• Ensure all tasks are processed within the designated timeframe by monitoring, assessing, and addressing the team’s overall performance
• Liaison with interagency divisions and technical support groups to ensure eligibility systems support business processes.
• Develop, review, and maintain business process related materials (including but not limited to project management trackers and system use instruction.)
• Represent CPG business units for all assigned projects and assist in the identification and establishment of all necessary stakeholders for assigned project(s).
• Utilize a variety of computer systems and databases in the support of the eligibility determination business process.
Education equivalent to graduation from an accredited college, university, or professional school with one of the following:
o Bachelor’s Degree or 4 years relevant experience or a combination of the two
• Ability to adapt to changing priorities and deadlines
• Ability to foster and maintain cohesive working relationships
• Ability to interpret and execute policies and procedures
• Ability to exercise sound judgment
• Strong organizational skills, including the ability to prioritize, multi-task and manage workload to meet specific timeframes and deadlines
• Advanced writing and communication skills
• Advanced research skills, including the ability to locate and analyze documents and integrate information from multiple sources
• Strong work ethic, with an ability to receive and implement constructive feedback
• Ability to work independently while also working as part of a team in a fast-paced environment
• Willingness to support and foster the team’s culture
To see all the great benefits available to State of Tennessee employees, go to the TN.gov Benefits page: https://www.tn.gov/hr/employees1/benefits.html
How to Apply
To apply for this job or see other opportunities at TennCare, visit the state of Tennessee’s Careers page today: https://www.tn.gov/careers/apply-here.html
- Date Posted: June 4, 2021
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Administrative
- Service Area: Government