Business Development Specialist
The workforce development position has two overarching responsibilities: 1) establishing new employer relationships, and maintaining and reinvigorating existing relationships with employers to secure employment opportunities for Project Return participants; and 2) partnering with Project Return staff to effectively match participants with employment opportunities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The following requirements are representative, but not all-inclusive, of the job functions for this role:
- Establishes new relationships, and reinvigorates and maintains existing relationships with employers to develop job opportunities for Project Return participants.
- Implements activities, attends community and networking events, and develops marketing, to cultivate employer connections and employment opportunities.
- Assists Project Return staff with screening and matching participants with employment opportunities based on their skills, work experience, and related training and interests.
- Schedules frequent in-person meetings with employers to promote Project Return employment services and to develop job opportunities for participants.
- Partners closely with Project Return co-workers and facilitates a routine process for informing Project Return staff and participants of employment opportunities.
- Achieves monthly employer relationship and job goals, and partners with staff to achieve job acquisition goals.
- Documents, consistently and accurately, in real time, all participant and employer contact, activities and outcomes into Salesforce.
- Communicates routinely to Project Return staff on job development and acquisitions.
- Acts as a liaison among employers, Project Return staff, and participants.
- Identifies and develops a strategic service plan that serves the employment partners’ hire needs.
- Performs other job-related duties and responsibilities that are assigned from time to time.
Education: Bachelor’s degree.
Experience, skills, and interests preferred: Excellent written and oral communication skills; ability to work with diverse people and to build relationships; dedication to achieving goals & to being results-oriented; ability to work effectively under pressure; proactive work ethic and strengths-based approach; focus on workforce development by demonstrating respect, fairness, patience, and efficiency to participants, employees, and employers; ability to identify and/or anticipate a problem & when appropriate, identify solutions and implement a course of action; strong attention to detail and quality; ability to effectively network with others and convince them to hire individuals who have criminal records; ability to continue a course of action in the face of adversity; ability to bring stamina and vigor to all aspects of the work; willingness to perform regular local and sometimes regional travel.
How to Apply
Please email resume and cover letter to email@example.com, addressed to Nicole Lallatin, and indicate “Business Development Specialist” in the subject line. No phone calls, please!
- Date Posted: March 17, 2021
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Administrative
- Service Area: Social / Human Services
- Working Hours: 8am-4:30pm