Goodwill Industries of Middle TN
Business Application Analyst
Goodwill Industries of Middle TN
The Business Application Analyst’s role is to elicit, analyze, specify, and validate the business needs of stakeholders, be they, customers or end users. They will apply proven communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills to help the business make good technology decisions. This role ensures business processes are capturing accurate and impactful information.
Strategy & Planning
- Identify and establish the scope and parameters of requirements analysis on a project-by-project basis to define project impact, outcome criteria, and metrics.
- Conduct interviews to gather user requirements via workshops, questionnaires, surveys, site visits, workflow storyboards, use cases, scenarios, and other methods.
- Work with stakeholders and the project team to prioritize collected requirements.
- Develop and continually update application portfolio management processes (alignment, rationalization, inventory, roadmaps).
Acquisition & Deployment
- Assist in researching software and hardware products to meet agreed-upon requirements and support purchasing efforts.
- Participate in the QA of purchased solutions to ensure features and functions have been enabled and optimized.
- Assist in the support, training, implementation, and upgrade of applications to ensure maximum return on the application portfolio.
- Ensure effective controls are in place to capture accurate data and reuse that data in effective data-driven business decisions.
- Assist in the capture and discovery of data to be utilized in dashboards and reporting tools.
- Analyze and verify requirements for completeness, consistency, comprehensibility, feasibility, and conformity to standards.
- Translate conceptual user requirements into functional requirements in a clear manner that is comprehensible to the project team.
- Where applicable, develop prototypes of interfaces and attributes based on user requirements.
- Create process models, specifications, diagrams, and charts to provide direction to developers and/or the project team.
- Assist with the interpretation of user requirements into feasible options and communicate these back to business stakeholders.
- Manage and track the status of requirements throughout the project lifecycle; enforce and redefine as necessary.
- Communicate changes, enhancements, and modifications of business requirements — verbally or through written documentation — to project managers, sponsors, and other stakeholders so that issues and solutions are understood.
- The position will participate in on-call responsibilities on a rotating schedule with other team members.
- The position may be the primary contact role for vendor support on some applications.
- College diploma, university degree, and/or certifications in the field of business administration, computer science, finance, or information systems.
- Three to five years of related work experience.
Experience and Knowledge
- Demonstrated knowledge of the organization’s core business process and operations.
- Proven experience with business and technical requirements analysis, elicitation, modeling, verification, and methodology development.
- Experience overseeing the design, development, and implementation of software and hardware solutions, systems, or products.
- Ability to create systematic and consistent requirements specifications in both technical and user-friendly language.
- Exceptional analytical and statistical skills with the ability to apply them to systems issues and products as required.
- Demonstrated project management skills and project management software skills, including planning, organizing, and managing resources.
- Working knowledge of network and PC operating systems.
- Experience with the organization’s core software applications helpful [Workday, Kronos UKG, Sage Intacct, DOMO, SolutionsITW Point of Sale].
- Excellent understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives.
- Able to exercise independent judgement and take action on it.
- Excellent analytical, mathematical, and creative problem-solving skills.
- Excellent listening, interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
- Logical and efficient, with keen attention to detail.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks while under pressure.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
How to Apply
Please go to our website and apply at this link: https://goodwillmiddletn.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/goodwill/job/Nashville-TN/Business-Application-Analyst_14740
- Date Posted: January 5, 2023
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Information Technology
- Service Area: Education