The TN Performing Arts Center
Box Office Manager
The TN Performing Arts Center
The Tennessee Performing Arts Center (TPAC) values staff diversity and actively encourages people from a variety of backgrounds with different experiences, perspectives, skills, and stories to apply in order to advance our nonprofit mission and enrich our organizational culture. All staff will work with others throughout the organization to implement and exemplify policies as part of TPAC’s commitment to diversity, inclusion, access, and equity. TPAC is a nonprofit performing arts organization and cultural anchor providing enriching arts experiences for all ages, empowering lifelong arts education programs, artistic expression reflective of our community, arts connections that support the local economy, and sustainable support for professional resident companies and local artists.
The Box Office Manager administers and manages the general operations of the Box Office and Patron Services, which includes implementation and effective usage of Tessitura CRM software, and management of all call center operations and customer service initiatives for the Tennessee Performing Arts Center, its Resident Groups, clients, and staff. With a focus on providing the Box Office team with the tools necessary for success when assisting patrons and responding to and resolving patron requests and concerns in a timely, courteous and informed manner, this position ensures client and patron satisfaction. This Box Office Manager is a leader, engaged with our company and TPAC’s mission, and serves as a physical representation of TPAC’s core values for the entire Box Office team. By balancing creative solutions with understanding and patience, the Box Office Manager is an active, accurate, and valuable service provider for our patrons, clients, and fellow staff members.
– Develops, recommends and implements policies designed to ensure a high level of customer satisfaction.
– Works with all departments in addressing, answering, and resolving, customer complaints.
– Drafts, responds to, and reports on patron surveys.
– Works with Finance to settle patron payment disputes or transaction errors.
– With the Assistant Box Office Manager, regularly communicates important information to all ticket holders about upcoming events via Prospect2 emails and automated calls.
CALL CENTER/BOX OFFICE
– Recruits, trains, manages and maintains payroll for all full-time and part-time Patron Services team members.
– Creates a team environment in which all employees share in work load and responsibility.
– Communicates new and updated ticketing, performance, and season ticket information to call center and box office staff.
– Organizes box office projects which include but may not be limited to tele reminding campaigns, data management and show cancellations.
– With Assistant Manager of Ticket Operations, schedules all full-time and part-time shifts, making sure to stay within budget.
– Acts as main administrator for CallCorp phone system, maintaining changes in hours of operation, system recordings and queues, reporting and overall system integrity.
Skills and Knowledge:
Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university; one or two years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Experience in a managerial or supervisory role.
Two or more years customer service experience. Knowledge and familiarity with the Tessitura ticketing system. Bilingual fluency in Spanish.
Previous box office experience and passionate about the performing arts.
Software and Services Used:
Microsoft Office Suite – primarily Outlook Tessitura CRM CallCorp Cloud Based Phone System Zoom
Frequent Functions and Working Conditions:
Working both remotely and in an office environment and customer-facing role. Comfort with navigating both front of house and backstage areas. Night and weekend operations show support.
– Physical: Seeing, Hearing/Listening, Dexterity, Ascending/Descending Stairs, Standing/Being Stationary for long periods of time – Mental: Understanding & writing simple written/verbal communications, Analysis/Problem Solving, Judgement/Decision Making, Spatial Awareness, Basic Math Skills
-Work Environment: Shift work, Works with others, independent work, Verbal Communication, Face to Face Contact
– Work Environment: Ability to work outside in all weather conditions including seasonably hot or cold temperatures, Loud Environments
TPAC is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All aspects of the employment process will be merit-based and applied without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, disability, national or ethnic origin, military service status, citizenship or other protected characteristic.
Medical/Dental/Vision, Disabilty, Life & AD&D, EAP, 401K with match,paid time off & 7 paid Holidays, discount to shows
How to Apply
Please go to our website and apply through our career portal:
- Date Posted: August 9, 2022
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Administrative
- Service Area: Arts / Culture