Board Member- Vice President
Homework Hotline provides free one-on-one tutoring by phone and online chat to Middle TN students and parents. With Homework Hotline, students tackle new concepts, complete challenging assignments and gain academic skills. Since 1990, Homework Hotline has provided over 560,000 one-on-one tutoring sessions For FREE To K-12 students in Tennessee. To continue accomplishing our mission Homework Hotline is seeking a Board Vice President to begin by November 16, 2022.
Vice President Responsibilities
- Serve as member of the board and Executive Committee.
- Serve for a term of one year.
- Assist the president and preside at any meetings at which the president is absent.
Board Member Responsibilities
• Believe in the mission of the organization.
• Prepare for, attend and participate in no fewer than 75% of board meetings, board committees, task groups, programs and events.
• Make a financial contribution by December 15th each fiscal year
• Support fundraising activities
• Identify and cultivate sources of financial support
• Formulate and adopt policies
• Formulate, approve and evaluate organizational performance and monitor progress toward long-range goals
• Adopt and monitor the organization’s operating budget and fundraising plan
• Protect the assets of the organization
• Acquire knowledge of issues that affect the organization to better participate in policy making and strategic planning
• Serve as a representative of and advocate for the organization in the community
• Fulfill charter obligations and corporate responsibilities, including fiduciary oversight
• Participate in selection and evaluation of the Executive Director as directed by the board chair
- Experience serving on a non-profit board
- Experience in Leadership and/or Education, preferred
- Make a difference in the lives of Middle TN students and parents.
- Gain leadership skills and experiences
- Opportunities for networking, workshops and events
How to Apply
Submit resume and interest to the Homework Hotline Board of Directors by October 1, 2022 to email@example.com
- Date Posted: September 9, 2022
- Type: Board Member
- Job Function: Executive Leadership
- Service Area: Board Leadership
- Start Date: 11/16/2022