Senior Ride Nashville
Board Member – Senior Ride Nashville
Senior Ride Nashville
We enrich the lives of older adults and engage them in the community by providing affordable and assisted, volunteer-based transportation.
A connected community that empowers older adults to live well.
Reliability: We do what we say we will do. You can count on us.
Connections: We foster caring relationships between members and drivers as we keep members engaged in the community.
Equity: We strive to represent our community as we recruit staff, board members, leaders, volunteers, and members. We are committed to equitable access, adapting how we work to meet the unique needs of our members.
Neighborly care: We treat our members, volunteers, and each other with respect and care.
Stewardship: We take great care to cultivate and manage our time, talent, relationships, and resources well, on behalf of the community.
Expectations of the Board as a Whole:
As the highest leadership body of the organization and to satisfy its fiduciary duties, the board is responsible for:
• Determining the mission and vision of the organization
• Selecting and evaluating the performance of the CEO/Executive Director
• Strategic and organizational planning
• Ensuring strong fiduciary oversight and financial management
• Fundraising and resource development
• Approving and monitoring SRN’s programs and services
• Enhancing SRN’s public image
• Assessing its own performance as the governing body of SRN
Each individual Board Member is expected to:
• Know SRN’s mission, vision, values, programs, and needs
• Faithfully read and understand SRN’s financial statements
• Serve as active advocates and ambassadors for SRN and fully engage in identifying and securing the financial resources and partnerships necessary for SRN to advance its mission. SRN relies on its Directors to be its most active and vocal supporters, telling the SRN story in their communities and organizations.
• Leverage connections, networks, and resources to develop collective action to fully achieve SRN’s mission
• Give a meaningful personal financial donation
• Help identify personal connections that can benefit the organization’s fundraising and reputational standing
• Prepare for, attend, and conscientiously participate in board meetings
• Respond to communications from SRN board members and staff in a timely manner
• Participate fully in one or more committees
Board Members are also expected to:
• Follow SRN’s bylaws, policies, and board resolutions
• Sign an annual conflict-of-interest disclosure and update it during the year if necessary, as well as disclose potential conflicts before meetings and actual conflicts during meetings
• Maintain confidentiality about all internal matters of SRN
Qualities and Characteristics of SRN Board Members:
• Committed to SRN’s Mission, Vision, and Values
• Seeks to add value to the outcomes of the organization by their active engagement and participation
• Commitment to equity and justice across all program areas as well as in our business operations
• Commitment to an active role in community leadership
• Reputation for sound decision making, good judgement, ethical behavior patterns, and established equity and justice practice
• Openly values a diversity of viewpoints and exhibits an understanding that engaging with members from different life experiences and cultural backgrounds results in better outcomes
• Attentive to building a culture of mutual respect in order to welcome the full engagement of other members and the unique perspectives they bring to the team
• Committed to confidentiality
• Commitment to sharing power and responsibility equally among all board members
• Proven ability to work in cooperation with others
• Awareness of the many systemic inequities in our society and attentiveness to helping avoid perpetuating those inequities in the management and service delivery of the organization
• Commitment to approaching board work with humility and curiosity
• Commitment to lifetime learning and interest in leading for change
How to Apply
Interested applicants should contact Carrie at Carrie@seniorridenashville.org.
- Date Posted: August 23, 2022
- Type: Board Member
- Job Function: Executive Leadership
- Service Area: Transportation