ENP is about neighbors doing what neighbors do – helping each other and strengthening our community. Our mission is to work for justice and equity with our neighbors in the Edgehill community and all of Nashville through building relationships, community action, service, and empowerment.
With its roots in Edgehill United Methodist Church, ENP is a collaboration of neighbors, faith communities, and community partners in South Nashville. ENP has helped Edgehill become a vibrant place to live, work, and play. As it expands to serve new neighborhoods, ENP continues to operate its three long-standing programs:
- The Spot, an after-school program for 5th-12th grade students who are becoming their best selves through social-emotional engagement, vocational exploration, leadership development, and preparation for post-high school life.
- The Free Store, a small community cooperative that since 2011 has provided neighbors with donated new or pre-used goods in an inviting setting. With over 1,300 registered shoppers from Nashville and beyond, the FreeStore offers a place for volunteers and shoppers from all walks of life to eat together and share household goods. So far, more than 50,000 items have circulated through the store.
- ENP also serves as the Affordable Housing subzone captain of the Nashville Promise Zone, advocating for affordable housing, negotiating community benefits agreements, and creating partnerships with CDCs and developers to increase the availability of affordable housing units.
We are looking for community members willing to share their time, talents, and treasure with our organization. Our board currently meets six times a year, every other month for an hour and a half. We also have committees including Board Development, Fundraising, FreeStore, The Spot, Affordable Housing, Finance, and Executive that meet in between board meetings. The average time commitment is 3-5 hours a month.
A heart for service
Strong communication skills
A willingness to participate in fundraising
Making a difference in the lives of our neighbors
Working with a wonderful team
How to Apply
Please email email@example.com with a resume and short summary of your interest.
- Date Posted: September 22, 2023
- Type: Board Member
- Job Function: Accounting / Financial Management
- Service Area: Board Leadership
- Start Date: 12/31/2023