McNeilly Center for Children
McNeilly Center for Children
Position Summary: The Board Member is responsible for providing governance and oversight to the nonprofit organization, ensuring that it is fulfilling its mission and operating in accordance with its values and legal obligations. This includes attending board meetings, participating in board committees, providing guidance and support to the executive director, and advocating on behalf of the organization.
- Attend and participate in board meetings: The Board Member is expected to attend all board meetings and actively participate in discussions and decision-making.
- Participate in board committees: The Board Member is expected to participate in at least one board committee, such as finance, governance, or fundraising.
- Provide guidance and support to the executive director: The Board Member should provide guidance and support to the executive director, serving as a mentor and advisor.
- Advocate on behalf of the organization: The Board Member should be an ambassador for the organization, promoting its mission and values to stakeholders, funders, and the broader community.
- Ensure legal and ethical compliance: The Board Member is responsible for ensuring that the organization is operating in accordance with all applicable laws, regulations, and ethical standards.
- Commitment to the mission and values of the organization.
- Experience in a relevant field, such as nonprofit management, finance, or law.
- Strong leadership and communication skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively as part of a team.
- Ability to dedicate the time and resources necessary to fulfill the responsibilities of the position.
There are several benefits of board membership for individuals who are passionate about serving a nonprofit organization and making a positive impact in their community. Here are some of the key benefits:
- Opportunity to make a difference: Board members have the opportunity to make a significant impact in their community by supporting a nonprofit organization that is dedicated to a specific cause or mission.
- Develop leadership skills: Serving on a nonprofit board provides opportunities for individuals to develop leadership skills, such as strategic thinking, communication, and decision-making.
- Build a professional network: Board membership provides opportunities to connect with other professionals who share similar interests and passions, which can lead to new career opportunities or collaborations.
- Gain new experiences: Serving on a nonprofit board can expose individuals to new experiences and perspectives, which can broaden their knowledge and understanding of different issues and communities.
- Personal fulfillment: Many board members find personal fulfillment in serving their communities and contributing to a cause they are passionate about.
- Enhance resume: Board membership can enhance a person’s resume and demonstrate their commitment to community service, leadership, and nonprofit management.
In conclusion, board membership can provide individuals with many benefits, including the opportunity to make a difference, develop leadership skills, build a professional network, gain new experiences, find personal fulfillment, and enhance their resume. Serving on a nonprofit board is a rewarding way to give back to the community and make a positive impact.
How to Apply
- Date Posted: April 24, 2023
- Type: Board Member
- Job Function: Communications / Marketing / PR
- Service Area: Board Leadership