Unscripted seeks talented individuals to grow the Board of Directors, who are aligned with and excited by the organization’s mission and programming.
Unscripted heals, empowers, and connects our community through improv.
What does that look like?
- Teaching and performing improv comedy for people who have been historically excluded from it.
- Teaching improv classes which leverage the joyful and supportive nature of improv for wellness and therapeutic applications.
- Teaching improv classes and researching the impact of improv practice on learning and teaching in education.
- Saying “yes” to bringing classes and performances into spaces which could be positively impacted by improv.
Ultimately, Unscripted believes that as the most accessible artform known to mankind, improv comedy is for everyone, and is working to make that a reality.
Unscripted board members meet six times a year on Zoom, and complete specialized projects within working group committees between formal meetings.
Board members are encouraged, but not required, to attend events like the recurring fundraising shows at partner theater Third Coast Comedy Club, and the annual Third Coast Improv Festival.
Estimated time commitment is five hours per month. Initial board term is three years, with the option to renew for a two year term going forward.
Financial contribution, whether by monthly recurring donation or annual one-time donation, is not required (but highly recommended by the Board Chair).
- Professional area of expertise
- Open but not limited to: Artistic Programming, Fundraising/Development, Marketing/Communications, Accounting/Finance, Law/Governance, Nonprofit Administration
- Exemplification of qualities of honesty, integrity, and sound moral character
- Commitment to support, uphold, and advocate for Unscripted
- Preference for Nashville-based individuals, but open to interested remote/virtual candidates
- Interest/experience in improv comedy is a wonderful plus, but not required
Be an important part of one of the most exciting and groundbreaking arts nonprofits in Nashville and nationwide–no other organization is doing work with improv comedy quite like this one!
Plus, our meetings are casual and friendly, our board members have become friends over time, and our fundraising events are comedy shows! Lots of fun to be had.
How to Apply
Email statement of interest (no formal cover letter needed) and resume to Board Chair Kim Herrmann: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Date Posted: January 3, 2023
- Type: Board Member
- Job Function: Accounting / Financial Management
- Service Area: Arts / Culture