Children's Emergency Care Alliance
Children's Emergency Care Alliance
Board Positions Available: 2 positions available – Seeking members with a strong background in marketing or finance
- Organizational leadership and advisement
- Organization of the Board of Directors, officers, and committees
- Formulation and oversight of policies and procedures
- Financial management, including adoption and oversight of the annual budget
- Oversight of program planning and evaluation
- Personnel evaluation and staff development
- Review of organizational and programmatic reports
- Promotion of the organization
- Fundraising and outreach
Board terms: CECATN’s Board Members will serve a two-year term to be eligible for re-appointment for one additional term. Board meetings will be held monthly, and committee meetings will be held in coordination with full board meetings.
Meetings and time commitment:
- The Board of Directors meets monthly. Meetings are held in-person in April, February, August, and November. These meetings are on the second Thursday of the month. April’s meeting is the Wednesday prior to the annual conference which rotates between Memphis, Nashville, Chattanooga, and Knoxville. The other monthly meetings are held virtually. Ad hoc meetings will be held as needed.
- In person meetings are two hours, typically from 9 AM CST – 11 AM CST. They are usually held at the Williamson County EOC. Virtual meetings are the second Monday of the month at 10 AM CST – 11:30 AM CST.
- Committees of the board meet an average of four times per year, pending their respective work agenda.
- Board members are asked to participate in at least two special events per year, as they are determined.
Expectations of board members:
- Attend and participate in meetings on a regular basis, and special events as able.
- Participate on a standing committee of the board and serve on ad-hoc committees as necessary.
- Be alert to community concerns that can be addressed by CECATN’s mission, objectives, and programs.
- Help communicate and promote CECATN ‘s mission and programs to the community.
- Become familiar with CECATN’s finances, budget, and financial/resource needs.
- Understand the policies and procedures of CECATN.
- Financially support CECATN by paying annual board member dues ($200) and provide additional financial support in a manner commensurate with one’s ability.
The Board will support the work of CECATN and provide mission-based leadership and strategic governance. While day-to-day operations are led by CECATN’s Executive Director, the Board President-Executive Director relationship is a partnership, and the appropriate involvement of the Board is both critical and expected. Specific Board Member responsibilities include:
Leadership, governance, and oversight
- Serving as a trusted advisor to the Executive Director as s/he develops and implements CECATN’s strategic plan
- Reviewing outcomes and metrics created by CECATN for evaluating its impact and regularly measuring its performance and effectiveness using those metrics; reviewing agenda and supporting materials prior to board and committee meetings
- Approving CECATN’s annual budget, audit reports, and material business decisions; being informed of, and meeting all, legal and fiduciary responsibilities
- Contributing to an annual performance evaluation of the Executive Director
- Assisting the Executive Director and Board President in identifying and recruiting other Board Members
- Partnering with the Executive Director and other board members to ensure that board resolutions are carried out
- Serving on committees or task forces and taking on special assignments
- Representing CECATN to stakeholders; acting as an ambassador for the organization
- Ensuring CECATN’s commitment to a diverse board and staff that reflects the communities CECATN serves
CECATN Board Members will consider CECATN a philanthropic priority and make annual gifts that reflect that priority. So that CECATN can credibly solicit contributions from foundations, organizations, and individuals, CECATN expects to have 100 percent of Board Members make an annual contribution that is commensurate with their capacity.
This is an extraordinary opportunity for an individual who is passionate about CECATN’s mission and who has a track record of board leadership. Selected Board Members will have achieved leadership stature in business, government, philanthropy, or the nonprofit sector. His/her accomplishments will allow him/her to attract other well-qualified, high-performing Board Members.
Ideal candidates will have the following qualifications:
- Extensive professional experience with significant executive leadership accomplishments in business, government, philanthropy, or the nonprofit sector
- A commitment to and understanding CECATN’s beneficiaries, preferably based on experience
- Savvy diplomatic skills and a natural affinity for cultivating relationships and persuading, convening, facilitating, and building consensus among diverse individuals
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and a passion for improving the lives of Tennessee’s children
Be a leader in Tennessee’s Emergency Care continuum of care for children in our state. Ability to advise, govern, oversee policy and direction, and assist with the leadership and general promotion of Children’s Emergency Care Alliance of TN as to support the organization’s mission and needs. CECATN is organized for charitable and educational purposes relating to uniting a diverse group of citizens to ensure that every child in Tennessee receives the best pediatric emergency care in order to reduce the effects of severe illness and injury.
How to Apply
Send letter of intent along with resume/CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Date Posted: January 3, 2023
- Type: Board Member
- Job Function: Accounting / Financial Management
- Service Area: Board Leadership
- Start Date: 02/13/2023
- Working Hours: 2-3 hours a month