Join a small nonprofit ready to grow and reach kids across Nashville and beyond!
Taste Quest empowers kids to nourish their bodies, their families, and their communities through play-based food education. We create activities that unite the power of playful learning with the power of food to help kids discover their own power to build healthier habits, build critical life skills, and practice serving their families and communities. Over the last year, we’ve been developing new tools for our enrichment partners to use with groups of kids. Our test groups reported extremely high engagement and shared wonderful moments of skill building, cross-cultural sharing, exposure to healthy foods, and a desire to share their creations with family. We are getting ready to publish and promote our new activity kit, as well as working to build our library of web resources. We need board members who can help our organization grow.
Board members will be responsibile for attending meetings, providing timely responses to requests for help and advice, networking on behalf of the organization for partnerships and fundraising, and donating regularly to the organization as able.
We need working board members who can share expertise in one or more of the following areas:
- Nonprofit administration and Finances. We need help navigating solutions to admin questions as we scale. This includes help with legal questions, financial management, HR questions, among others.
- Fundraising. We are implementing a new revenue strategy this fall and we need help building partnerships, attracting influencers, growing our following, writing grant proposals, and creating content marketing material.
- Building relationships with under-resourced communities. Much of our work benefits food-insecure families across many demographics. We need help with communications and relationships that are sensitive and thoughtful.
- Content production and marketing: We need help with producing content for print, web, and marketing, and knowing how to leverage all of it to build our following.
The glorious satifaction of seeing kids become empowered through food!
How to Apply
Reach out to Taste Quest Founder and Director, Emily Sauerman, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Date Posted: October 24, 2022
- Type: Board Member
- Job Function: Other
- Service Area: Board Leadership