Family & Children's Service
Bilingual Spanish/English ACA Navigator
Family & Children's Service
The ACA Navigator will execute outreach and education campaigns, conduct eligibility screenings, provide facilitated enrollment services, and execute hand-offs between relevant entities. Bilingual Spanish/English is required. Travel is required.
- Complete Federal Navigator training course and pass Navigator certification exam. Comply with all continuing education and recertification requirements.
- Provide courteous, professional, and confidential assistance to all clients seeking health benefits.
- Conduct marketing and outreach within local communities about health insurance options.
- Work independently, traveling throughout designated service area and providing services in various locations as needed.
- Handle sensitive and personal information with an understanding and respect for client confidentiality.
- Ensure that follow-up is completed to capture client referrals and outcomes.
- Provide assistance and input, creating various materials for the Navigator Program.
- Assess, identify, and evaluate needs of consumers who call or attend events to determine eligibility. Assist those who are eligible, refer others as appropriate.
- Determine if clients are potentially eligible for TennCare, CoverKids or Marketplace plans and assist clients in applying for such programs as appropriate.
- Identify and refer clients not eligible for health insurance to the FCS Health Assist program, or those with Medicare to SHIP.
- Provide follow up as needed to successfully complete the enrollment process for TennCare, CoverKids and Marketplace plans.
- Assess callers’ needs, facilitate problem-solving with callers, and make accurate referrals to appropriate community agencies, programs and services.
- Attend training and briefings on TennCare, CoverKids and Marketplace coverage; and fulfill annual continuing education requirements for state renewal each year.
- Maintain documentation of clients in a clear, precise, and timely manner.
- Reach out to those in the Community for outreach efforts, project marketing and special presentations as needed.
- Meet outreach, education, enrollment assistance, and enrollment goals as outlined.
- Keep calendars up to date with outreach and enrollment events, as well as education presentations.
- Regular attendance during office hours and reliable transportation required.
- Responsible for all other duties as assigned.
This position requires a bachelor’s degree in Social Services or a health care field from an accredited college or university. Demonstrated ability to work independently and in a team environment, and experience working with nonprofit organizations, community groups and/or government programs strongly preferred.
Position is benefits eligible, including medical, dental, vision, 401k with agency match, generous vacation, sick, and holiday policy and more.
How to Apply
Submit resume and salary requirements to:
- Date Posted: August 22, 2022
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Programs and Service Delivery
- Service Area: Social / Human Services