Catholic Charities of TN
Bilingual Intake Clinical Therapist
Catholic Charities of TN
Catholic Charities is seeking candidates for the position of Bilingual Intake Clinical Therapist to work in our Individual and Family Counseling program. This is a full-time position and is based in Davidson County. Agency hours are Monday through Friday, between 8:00 am to 4:30 pm. The office location is 2806 McGavock Pike in the Opryland area of Nashville and our North Nashville location is at Casa Azafran in Davidson County. The agency offers a flexible work schedule.
If you’re looking for an opportunity to join a dynamic team of expert Clinicians devoted to the health and healing of clients, then this is the job for you! Primary responsibilities for the Intake Clinical Therapist position include the dual responsibility of Intake for the Clinical Services Counseling Programs and maintaining a small caseload of clients. This position includes completing Intake paperwork for all new referrals to the agency, loading that information into our online platform (Salesforce), and managing and updating the waitlist for the clinical programs. In addition to providing counseling to individuals, children, couples, and families by offering individual and group activities designed to enhance personal growth and development; and relief from trauma using a Trauma-Informed Care model according to evidence-informed best practices and within agency guidelines.
- Intake support to clinical programs; screens and process intake for individuals seeking counseling services.
- Provides counseling services to a variety of client populations with the majority of those being clients whose primary language is Spanish (individuals, children, adolescents, and families) according to evidence-informed best practices and within agency guidelines.
- Maintains complete and timely counseling notes (assessments, progress notes, reviews of treatment planning, closing summaries, etc.) according to Agency guidelines, using the database provided by the agency and within the Agency’s time frame.
- Screens and assesses requests for counseling services to determine the appropriateness of the agency’s services making referrals to other agencies or qualified individuals when indicated according to agency guidelines.
- Consults regularly with the Clinical Program Manager on specific client issues and concerns as well as monitoring for self-care to provide quality services for clients.
- Actively seeks professional development to increase professional knowledge with an emphasis on current evidence-based best practices.
- Actively participates in supervision sessions, periodic team meetings, and training.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and/or Experience
- Bilingual English/Spanish required.
- Master’s degree in social work, counseling, or related field.
- Must have knowledge of human behavior and child development and the ability to use various methods and techniques of counseling with children, adults, couples, and families.
- Some experience and understanding of trauma and Trauma Informed Care practices.
- License in Social Work or a related field from the State of Tennessee is strongly preferred or working towards it (e.g., LCSW, LMSW, MMFT, LMFT, LPC-MHSP).
Additional Skills or Requirements
- Effective interpersonal skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to exercise good judgment, courtesy, and tact in dealing with the public and staff.
- Ability to plan and organize work and follow tasks through to completion.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications.
- Ability to learn databases and other systems.
- Ability to meet deadlines and other agency requirements.
- Ability, interest, and willingness to work with diverse staff and clients.
- Ability to handle confidential information with extreme professionalism.
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently.
- Must be able to maintain a flexible working schedule to accommodate afternoons and some evenings.
- A current driver’s license is required. Ability to legally operate a motor vehicle and provide own transportation.
- Successful completion of criminal background screening.
- Ten (10) vacation days
- Twelve (12) personal days
- Eighteen (18) paid holidays
- 403B plan with company match
- Pension plan
- Health insurance, vision, and dental coverage.
- Employee Assistance Program
- Voluntary benefits
How to Apply
Qualified candidates should send a resume and a cover letter detailing interest, desired salary, and available start date to https://recruiting.paylocity.com/recruiting/jobs/Details/2009353/CATHOLIC-CHARITIES-OF-TENNESSEE-INC/Bilingual-Intake-Clinical-Therapist
Catholic Charities of Tennessee is an equal opportunity employer. Catholic Charities does not discriminate in regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Satisfactory completion of a background and reference check is required.
- Date Posted: October 27, 2023
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Clinician
- Service Area: Health (Physical, Mental)
- Working Hours: 37.5 hrs./wk.