Bilingual Adult Education Programs Coordinator
THIS IS A PART TIME POSITION OF 20 HOURS PER WEEK.
Ideal hours 4:00 pm to 8:00 pm -Monday to Friday
Conexión Américas seeks qualified candidates for the position of Adult Education Programs Coordinator. The successful candidate is an excellent leader with experience in results-oriented program management, including participant enrollment, program development, volunteer management, and business coaching. Only candidates who can demonstrate total commitment to the mission and values of Conexión Américas should apply. Please read about our mission and values on our website at www.conexionamericas.org.
This is a permanent, part-time staff position that reports directly to the Adult Education Programs Manager. The Adult Education Programs Coordinator will be responsible for the successful planning and completion of microenterprise educational and professional programs targeting primarily Latino and occasionally non-Latino entrepreneurs who will have aspirations of starting or growing their small business.
The Adult Education Programs Coordinator will be primarily responsible for the management of the following core microenterprise programs. Please note that this list is not exhaustive and may change depending on workload:
Negocio Próspero (Prosperous Business) is an introductory business course that provides aspiring business owners and micro-entrepreneurs useful tools and skills to launch, or improve the management and profitability of, their businesses. The 10-week Spanish-language class series offers basic administrative knowledge for starting a new business, or growing an existing enterprise.
Computer lab and Digital literacy program is an introductory course that provides basic to advanced information and skills to Latino or non-Latino participants related to MS-Office, Internet, Web technologies, QuickBooks and troubleshooting.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
● Implement strategies to meet program objectives
● Develop and control deadlines, budgets, and activities to ensure program success ● Communicate regularly with program participants to monitor progress and assist with obstacles that may arise and prepare program confirmation and correspondence by email, text or verbally.
● Collaborate with the marketing and communications team to promote programs and secure new participant enrollment
● Develop activities to recruit, support, and retain volunteers
● Build volunteer base trainers who will teach the majority of the curriculum and communicate with those volunteers to secure program quality, continuity and sustainability.
● Manage the computer lab program (curriculum, implementation, evaluation among other program’s needs)
● Manage systems for tracking and evaluating program data
● Teach lessons (on an as-needed basis) in a comprehensive manner and use visual/audio means to facilitate learning
● Provide individualized instruction to each student by promoting interactive learning ● Create and distribute educational content
● Support other programs in the Economic Prosperity as needed
● Prepare reports and program documentation
● Enter data into systems such as but not limited to enrollment, attendance, calls evaluation and graduation rates.
● Efficiently use all forms of electronic communications and platforms such as Google docs, Email, texting platforms, Microsoft among others.
● Create and innovate on extracurricular activities (called “AVANCE”) to advance entrepreneurs in crucial business topics as needed
● Maintain key partnerships and proactively collaborate with individuals and other nonprofit organizations to secure program growth.
● Implement creative outreach strategies to promote the programs of Conexión Américas across Nashville’s Latinx community
● Manage programing in person or remotely as needed based on programs goals or community needs
● Participates in the development, promotion, coordination, and delivery of small business management training programs and workshops lead in-house at Conexión Américas or by partner organizations
● Monitors operational activities and effectiveness of results and prepares reports as appropriate
● Makes referrals to in-house or external resources, as needed, including for matters beyond business-related needs
● Collaborates with all of Conexión Américas’ staff, including members of the Economic Integration team to ensure that Conexión Américas’ financial stability and microenterprise programs are offered to participants across the organization
Job responsibilities include but are not limited to those listed above. As with every other job at Conexión Américas, every person in the organization will assist in any way necessary to respond to new demands and to assure a collaborative and supportive environment.
QUALIFICATIONS (Education and Experience)
● Excellent written and oral communication skills in both English and Spanish. All interviews will be conducted in English and Spanish
● Bachelor’s degree in relevant field or equivalent experience -preferred ● 2 year of experience in program management – preferred
● Flexibility, creativity, and capacity to motivate others required
● Ability to interact with diverse groups of stakeholders required
● Ability to manage multiple tasks and work in a fast-paced environment with deadlines and strict timelines required
● Excellent computer skills, including MS Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, Google Suite, and database management required
● Demonstrated appreciation for Latino culture and people required
● Strong understanding of Latino culture and Latino issues in the US preferred ● Experience and knowledge of nonprofit organizations’ operations preferred
Salary and benefits:
The salary for the position is $20,000 annually. Part-time employees are not eligible for a benefits package that include paid vacation, personal and sick days, and health insurance.
How to Apply
● Please send resume, cover letter, salary expectation, and 3 references by email to Cheyenne Peters, Associate Director of Economic Prosperity at
● No phone calls or in-person inquiries, please.
- Date Posted: December 14, 2021
- Type: Part-Time
- Job Function: Programs and Service Delivery
- Service Area: Other
- Start Date: 01/10/2022
- Salary Range: 20,000 annually
- Working Hours: 20hrs/wk: M-F 4:00 pm - 8:00 pm