Catholic Charities of TN
Bi-lingual (Dari/Pashto) Case Manager
Catholic Charities of TN
Catholic Charities has an opening for the position of a Bilingual (Dari/Pashto) Case Manager for the Refugee and Immigration Services department. This position is fulltime, based in Nashville, and is located at the Catholic Pastoral Center located at 2806 McGavock Pike, Nashville, TN 37214. Hours are primarily Monday through Friday, but flexibility is required to accommodate late night arrivals, early morning appointments, and weekend activities as needed.
Primary function of this position is to provide direct services to Afghan Allies in order for them to achieve self-sufficiency. This work involves significant responsibility in ensuring that client needs are met through meeting clients at airport arrival; assisting clients in applying for services and benefits; completing family and individual needs assessments and service plans; familiarizing clients with American culture and laws; providing transportation to appointments; and maintaining accurate client records and documentation.
- Bachelor’s degree in social work or related field preferred
(Or four years of relevant experience).
- Experience working across cultures.
Other Skills or Requirements:
- Bi-lingual in Dari and/or Pashto required.
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record required.
- Knowledge/experience with benefit programs/social service programs for residents of Nashville.
- Knowledge of human behavior and an ability to adapt and use various methods while meeting the needs of newcomers.
- Ability to facilitate intercultural communication and to create an environment where differences are respected.
- Ability to exercise good judgment, courtesy, and tact in dealing with the public and staff.
- Ability to handle confidential information with extreme professionalism.
- Attention to detail and adherence to deadlines.
- Ability to plan and organize work.
- Ability to follow tasks through to completion.
- Effective interpersonal skills including emotional intelligence, reliability, positivity, negotiation, empathy, and openness to feedback.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Ability to work well as a team and independently with minimal direction.
- Ability to go up and down steps, load, and unload car seats, and lift up to 20 lbs.
- Ability to transport.
- Basic computer proficiency in Microsoft Office suite; ability to learn databases.
Competitive salary based upon qualifications.
How to Apply
Please email resume and cover letter to: Nichole Dingman, Director of Talent and Culture at email@example.com.
- Date Posted: October 21, 2021
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Other
- Service Area: Social / Human Services
- Salary Range: 35575
- Working Hours: 37.5 hrs/wk