Behavioral Health Therapist
Nashville CARES is seeking a qualified Behavioral Health Therapist passionate about helping to improve the lives of people living with HIV. Are you interested in working for an agency that values diversity and inclusion and is committed to making a difference in our community? Do you have tele-health experience?
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Provide a full range of mental health and addiction treatment services to agency clients both on and off-site, including: screening, assessment, treatment planning, direct counseling, group facilitation, crisis intervention, and professional consultation for individuals, couples, families, and/or groups of people living with, directly affected by, or at high risk of HIV infection
- Functions as a member of an interdisciplinary team to link clients to internal and external services and support resources
- Prepares and maintains necessary client records and reports in accordance with licensing and accreditation standards and agency policies/procedures
- Provide services consistent with a community counseling model, including: education/prevention, outreach, advocacy, and consultation
- Engage in activities to actively promote counseling services throughout the community
- Maintain work consistent with quality standards established by the agency and in compliance with state licensure and funding requirements
- Participate in benefit authorization, utilization review, and/or chart audit process, as requested
- Participates in weekly individual and group clinical supervision
- Master’s Degree in Social Work, Counseling, Psychology or related area
- State of Tennessee unencumbered licensure as Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) or Licensed Professional Counselor
- Minimum of 4 years clinical or relevant experience
- Experience with tele-health behavioral health platforms
- Excellent communication skills and a desire to work with populations who have a high prevalence of mental illness, trauma and substance use.
- Experience working with populations diverse in race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, religious affiliation, etc.
- Demonstrated relationship skills to engage current and/or potential clients in Behavioral Health services
- Flexibility with regard to work hours and local travel
- Professional liability insurance
- Valid Tennessee Driver’s License, vehicle, and automobile liability insurance to facilitate local travel required for client/agency related business.
- Five years clinical experience related to: HIV/AIDS, co-occurring disorders, sexual identity issues, grief/loss, trauma, or crisis intervention
- Experience and passion for community outreach to engage potential clients in service
- Experience, as a clinician, interfacing with insurance companies
- Bi-lingual abilities preferred
Salary: Competitive non-profit compensation
Competitive Benefits Include: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, 403b, generous paid time off policy (27 – 37 days per year based on accruals and length of service); 13 paid holidays and more.
Nashville CARES is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all members of our staff, volunteers and clients. We respect equality and inclusivity for all people and will not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or gender identity. We respect, value and celebrate the unique attributes, characteristics and perspectives that make each person who they are.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by an employee in this position. It is not to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications of employees assigned to this job.
How to Apply
- Date Posted: June 25, 2020
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Programs and Service Delivery
- Service Area: Social / Human Services