Mercy Community Healthcare
Behavioral Health Nurse – Mission Driven Clinic
Mercy Community Healthcare
Mercy Community Healthcare has an open position for a Behavioral Health Nurse. We are looking for enthusiastic nurses with a passion for making a difference in the lives of those we serve in our community.
Mercy's Mission: The mission of Mercy Community Healthcare is to reflect the love and compassion of Jesus Christ by providing excellent healthcare to ALL and support to their families. We provide care to the uninsured, underinsured and insured through pediatric and adult primary care, mental and behavioral health services, and care coordination.
The Behavioral Health Nurse is a key component to our patient experience at Mercy. Are you up for this great opportunity? Apply Today!!
What Is This Job All About?
- Perform comprehensive assessments and quality therapeutic care to patients seeking treatment of psychiatric and behavioral health conditions.
- Execute warm hand offs by triaging patient conditions and conducting mental health assessments.
- Provide brief interventions using evidence-based techniques.
- Evaluate crisis situations, implement safety plans to patients and families as needed.
- Maintain availability for emergent behavioral health and psychiatric emergencies.
- Review screening and assessment tools to determine course of action.
- Develop patient centered care plans, including goals and interventions, and provide education to patients and families.
- Accurately document and complete all necessary charting.
- Collaborate and coordinate with healthcare team members to assess, plan, implement, and evaluate health care plans.
- Facilitate emergency hospital admissions for mental health issues.
- Access and utilize patient support and community resources to improve and support patient needs.
What We Need from You:
- Graduation from an accredited Registered Nurse (RN) program
- At least 5 years' experience as a psychiatric, mental health RN
- Experience in crisis counseling and crisis evaluations preferred
- Current TN Registered Nurse License
- Basic Life Support (BLS)
- Computer skills required for EMR
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
What Is in It for You?
- PTO – 3 weeks paid time off for all full-time employees.
- Holidays – 10 paid holidays for all full-time employees.
- Work-life balance – Regular working hours M-F 8am-5pm
- Great benefits like Medical, Dental, Vision, and 401(k)
- Work for a place with mission and purpose.
- Work with great people around you.
- Qualify for Federal Loan Repayment System Program through NurseCorps
- Provide care for all who need it.
- Make a difference in your community.
How to Apply
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.
- Date Posted: June 14, 2022
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Other
- Service Area: Health (Physical, Mental)