Behavioral Health Director
As the Behavioral Health Director, you will provide the leadership to effectively grow CARES’ Behavioral Health Services by ensuring program excellence, operating efficiency and financial strength. This includes leadership in developing a strong Behavioral Health team who deliver mental health counseling, trauma specialty therapy, substance use, case management and program evaluation. You will be responsible for designing, developing and implementing a strategic plan to ensure the success of the Behavioral Health Services’ successful growth. As a member of the leadership team, you will assist in the development and implementation of agency-wide policies and procedures, especially those improving upon CARES’ ability to achieve our mission to end the HIV Epidemic in Middle Tennessee.
- Responsible for selection, assessment, evaluation, development, coaching, counseling of Behavioral Health employees to ensure quality client care in accordance with CARES’ mission, vision and values.
- Design, develop and implement a strategic plan that focuses on program excellence, financial performance and market and business development working with third party billing entities to provide Third Party Billing, credentialing and paneling of Mental Health Therapists.
- Revenue cycle oversight for Behavioral Health Department.
- Provide timely, accurate and complete reports including, but not limited to, measures and effectiveness of achieving operational performance as defined in the strategic plan.
- Create and maintain proper operational controls, administrative and reporting procedures and systems.
- Motivate, lead, and mentor a high performance team; attract and recruit and retain required staff with strong emphasis on employee engagement.
- Responsible for collaborating with other departments regarding resources and services for improved client care.
- Conduct and coordinate in-service training and team meetings as appropriate for staff, interns and volunteers.
- Ensure completeness and accuracy of client and program documentation.
- Participate in preparation of funding proposals and activity reports for funders.
- Positively and professionally represent the Behavioral Health Services with internal and external organizations to include effective measures that raise awareness of services offered by the program.
- Ensure all activities and operations are carried out in compliance with local, state, and federal regulations.
Develop and implement client satisfaction, quality management and other evaluative protocols.
- Reorganize program and/or delivery system as needed and assist with service delivery to maintain coverage and ensure uninterrupted services provision.
- Master’s or doctoral degree in social work, Counseling, Psychology, or other Behavioral Science field
- 5 years’ experience in Behavioral Health setting with at least 3 years in a leadership role.
- State of Tennessee unencumbered licensure as Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW).
- Experience with tele-health behavioral health platforms.
- 4 years of third-party billing experience in Behavioral Health.
- Excellent communication skills and a desire to work with populations who have a high prevalence of mental illness, trauma and substance use.
- Demonstrated relationship skills to engage current and/or potential clients in Behavioral Health services
- Professional liability insurance
- Valid Tennessee Driver’s License, vehicle, and automobile liability insurance to facilitate local travel required for client/agency related business.
- PhD preferred
- Five years’ clinical experience related to: HIV/AIDS, co-occurring disorders, sexual identity issues, grief/loss, trauma, or crisis intervention
- Experience, as a clinician, interfacing with insurance companies
- Research experience required, with a shown ability to collect prospective data and share through peer-review.
- Bi-lingual abilities preferred
Salary: Competitive non-profit compensation
Competitive Benefits Include: Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability, Life Insurance, 403b, generous paid holiday and time off policy (up to 27 PTO days accrued in first year) and more.
Nashville CARES is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all members of our staff, volunteers and clients. We respect equality and inclusivity for all people and will not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or gender identity. We respect, value and celebrate the unique attributes, characteristics and perspectives that make each person who they are.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by an employee in this position. It is not to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications of employees assigned to this job.
How to Apply
- Date Posted: December 10, 2020
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Programs and Service Delivery
- Service Area: Health (Physical, Mental)
- Start Date: 01/11/2021