Behavioral Health Counselor LCSW or LPC
Neighborhood Health seeks to hire Bilingual English/Spanish Behavioral Health Counselor for Nashville. Using traditional counseling skills in an innovative way, Behavioral Health Counselor provide integrated care using brief short-term, solution-based interventions (e.g., 15 or 20-minutes in duration) with our medical and dental patients.
Behavioral Health Counselor provide critical services to enhance the wellbeing of our patients and are a crucial part of our care team. By building rapport and doing recurring interventions with patients, Behavioral Health Counselor help patients adhere to their treatment plans. In this way, they help patients improve their health status and quality of life. Behavioral Health Counselor also play a key role in helping patients address depression and anxiety through these same brief short-term, solution-based interventions – and work with the care team (doctors, nurse practitioners, medical assistants, etc.) to address psychosocial stressors that patients may be experiencing. Other organizations using an integrated model include Cherokee Health Systems and other community health centers.
Behavioral Health Counselors do not provide traditional counseling or ongoing therapy. Rather, Neighborhood Health refers patients to other external providers for these services.
About Neighborhood Health
Neighborhood Health is an innovative network of 11 community health centers in Nashville and Lebanon, Tennessee. We provide comprehensive primary care, integrated behavioral health, and dental services to almost 30,000 patients. Our patients primarily include immigrants, residents of public housing, individuals experiencing homelessness, and person living with addiction. As a federally qualified health center, we provide care without regard to health insurance or a patient’s ability to pay. We also strive to improve our Patient Centered Medical Home model to ensure all patients get the right high-quality care, at the right place and the right time.
- Understand that Neighborhood Health is Joint Commission and NCQA Accredited and is obligated follow all guidelines and regulations of the accrediting agencies.
- Work collaboratively with the primary care teams assigned and provide comprehensive behavioral health services to patients.
- Through patient evaluation, determine a differential diagnosis and plan for intervention.
- Adhere to standards via identified text and/or via office practice standard protocols.
- Maintain a customer-oriented approach to meeting patient needs in an expedient manner, involving the family in the plan of care as appropriate.
- Maintain confidentiality and patient privacy.
- Document care provided; meeting standards as outlined by the organization.
- Seek consultations as appropriate, act as a consultant as requested.
- Facilitate the process of ethical decision making as appropriate.
- Perform comprehensive assessments and refer patients for further care and services within the organization and or the community.
- Utilize teaching learning theory with patients and their families to influence patient outcomes.
- Identify learning needs of various populations and contribute to the development of educational programs to meet those needs.
- Identify system specific problems, which require evaluation and/or change; work with appropriate staff to resolve these issues by participating in performance improvement processes.
- Take an active role to contribute to the improvement of quality and services delivered.
- Master’s prepared, licensed in the state of Tennessee. Required Clinical licensure of LCSW or LPC.
- Two or more years of experience preferred.
- Bilingual Spanish/English preferred
- Flexible and motivated to work in a primary care setting.
- Prior experience working in an urban environment preferred.
- Ability to communicate clearly both in writing and verbally with patients, care teams, families, and other staff.
- Ability to function independently with regards to most clinical decision making.
- Ability to relate well to patients.
- Well versed in evidence based behavioral health assessment and treatment modalities.
- Ability and willingness to apply evidence based interventions in innovative delivery methods including brief, time limited interventions and tele-health.
We offer Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, and 403b. We also have vacation, and sick days
How to Apply
Please submit your resume/CV and complete an application by going to the JOBS tab at our website https://www.neighborhoodhealthtn.org/
- Date Posted: September 18, 2020
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Clinician
- Service Area: Health (Physical, Mental)
- Working Hours: 40 weekly