TN Performing Arts Center Mgmt
TN Performing Arts Center Mgmt
TPAC is a nonprofit performing arts organization and cultural anchor providing enriching arts experiences for all ages, empowering lifelong arts education programs, artistic expression reflective of our community, arts connections that support the local economy, and sustainable support for professional resident companies and local artists.
Concession Bartenders are responsible for positive guest interactions while accurately mixing and serving beverages to guests and servers in a friendly and efficient manner.
- Set up/breakdown of permanent and portable sales locations.
- Utilize high quality spirits, liqueurs, fruits, mixers to create sensational drinks for guests.
- Greet guests, check identification of guests to verify age requirements for purchase of alcohol, take beverage orders directly from guests, mix drinks, cocktails and other bar beverages as
- ordered, able to create and serve drinks in a timely manner and in compliance with TABC Liquor Laws/Rules and company standards.
- Previous cash handling, handle an assigned bank, and follow all cash handling procedures, collect payment for drinks served.
- Ensure that the assigned bar area is fully equipped with tools and products needed for mixing beverages and serving guests, prepare inventory and/or inventory requests as needed to replenish supplies, and complete all issued inventory control reports.
- Maintain an organized and clean working area by performing general cleaning tasks to adhere to health and safety standards. (sweeping, mopping, cleaning of glass doors and windows, etc.) as needed, and take trash to trash compactor.
- Work TPAC events and receptions as directed by F&B Management, at least six (6) shifts each month, and a flexible schedule as determined by TPAC’s show schedule including mornings, nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Supports TPAC’s Diversity, Inclusion, Access and Equity (DIAE) program as a part-time team member but also to our guests.
The responsibilities listed above are not all inclusive. Other related duties may be assigned.
Required: High school diploma or equivalent, valid TN ABC Permit, and 1-2 years of related experience or training. Must 18 years or older with knowledge of Tennessee liquor laws and regulations. Must meet state and city health requirements for food handling and alcoholic beverage service. Comfortable with navigating F&B areas and various theater settings. Ability to work independently and as part of a team. Excellent verbal and written communication. Strong customer service skills.
Preferred: Familiar with IOS/iPads, how to tap a keg, extensive knowledge of beer/wine/liquor and drink recipes, and the ability to remember, recite and promote the variety of menu items.
SOFTWARE AND SERVICES USED
FREQUENT FUNCTIONS AND WORKING CONDITIONS
Frequent Functions: Performing assigned production tasks including constant reaching, bending, stooping, wiping, pushing, pulling, up and down stairs/ramps/elevators, and standing for extended periods of time. Ability to transport product up to 50lbs on a continuous basis between F&B/WMA storage area and between TPAC/WMA theaters/venues.
Occasional Functions: Changing/tapping kegs, replacing CO2 tanks, replacing bag-n-box syrup for soda guns. Ability to work outside in all weather conditions including hot and cold temperatures.
First Six Months: Orientation about TPAC’s mission, programs, and policies. Tours of key theater and public spaces as available. Pre-shift meetings with the F&B team to discuss health and safety information and all things show related (door/show start & end/intermission start & end/bar close times)
TPAC is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All aspects of the employment process will be merit-based and applied without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, disability, national, or ethnic origin, military service status, citizenship or other protected characteristic.
How to Apply
Please go to our website: Careers at TPAC | Tennessee Performing Arts Center®
- Date Posted: June 4, 2021
- Type: Part-Time
- Job Function: Other
- Service Area: Arts / Culture