Tennessee Justice Center
Tennessee Justice Center
For over 25 years, we at the Tennessee Justice Center (TJC) have been standing with Tennessee families and helping them access basic necessities of life. We believe that all our neighbors have value and dignity, that all deserve the opportunity to thrive, and that our laws and public policy should reflect these shared values. Every day our courageous team works hard on behalf of and in partnership with Tennessee individuals, families, and communities.
Do you want to join our fight?
We are looking to hire an experienced attorney to provide individual legal services and policy solutions to advocate for access to quality and affordable health care, nutrition, and access to justice. If you are a creative thinker, enjoy using the law to solve problems and have experience , then this could be the opportunity for you. This position reports directly to our Legal Director and interacts regularly with our team of client advocates.
A typical day might look like:
- Collaborating with our case management team on cases relating to health care access, nutrition access, and access to justice
- Conducting legal research and analysis focused on key issues affecting Tennesseans access to quality and affordable health care, especially issues related to Medicaid (TennCare), long-term care, and access to justice
- Developing and conducting class action or impact litigation to remedy problems
- Creating educational materials (e.g., reports, fact sheets, presentations, policy briefs) for key stakeholders
This opportunity might be for you if:
- You are licensed or willing to become licensed to practice law in Tennessee
- You have 5-10 years of litigation and administrative advocacy experience
- You enjoy developing novel legal theories and strategies to address complex problems
- You are able to work independently while managing multiple projects and deadlines
- You understand how and when to use litigation as an important tool in the advocate’s toolkit and have strong analytical and writing skills.
This opportunity is even a better fit if:
- You have experience in public interest law and advocacy
- You have litigated complex cases, including trial experience
- You have knowledge of health care laws including the Affordable Care Act and Medicaid
The Tennessee Justice Center offers amazing co-workers, competitive salary and excellent benefits, including paid time off, ten paid holidays, paid parental leave, retirement plan contribution, and high-quality medical, disability, and life insurance coverage. TJC is committed to equity and inclusion. People of color and individuals from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
How to Apply
Send us your cover letter and resume via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Attorney” in the subject line of the email.
- Date Posted: July 1, 2022
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Legal
- Service Area: Health (Physical, Mental)
- Working Hours: 40 hrs/wk; M-F, 8am-5pm