Associate of Finance/Database Maintenance
Show Hope’s mission is to care for orphans by engaging the Church and reducing the barriers to adoption.
The Associate of Finance/Database Maintenance supports the Director of Finance to promote Show Hope’s mission, vision, core values, and strategic plan. Personal qualities include integrity, credibility, and a willingness to sign Show Hope’s Statement of Faith.
The Associate of Finance/Database Maintenance performs data entry, generates donor receipts, and prepares bank deposits. This position is responsible for building database list generation and reporting for the organization, maintaining excellence in care and detail of the donor database systems/CRM. The Associate of Finance/Database Maintenance collaborates with the Finance and Development teams to keep new and existing donor entries correct.
The Associate of Finance/Database Maintenance supports the Director of Finance and Finance team reporting to the Director of Finance, to serve Show Hope in the following key areas:
● Support Show Hope’s mission, vision, core values and strategic plan performing various tasks pertinent to assigned department working with the Executive Director, Executive Leadership and Director of the department.
● Support other Show Hope departments and staff in initiatives directly related to the administration or general business of Show Hope.
● Oversees and enters data for monetary and in-kind donations.
● Processes donations and creates deposit slips and provides detailed information on deposits and donor gift allocations to the Manager of Finance/Accounting.
● Updates the database with donor contact information and mailing preferences.
● Assists with preparation and mailing of donation receipts.
● Answers emails and phone calls in a timely, efficient and professional manner.
● Upholds best practices for accuracy and compliance for nonprofit organizations.
● Performs additional duties, including contacting donors for updates on credit cards or bank accounts on an as needed basis.
● Picks up, sorts and delivers mail to appropriate recipients.
● Manages inventory of printed materials/letterhead needed for the receipt process and notifies the Director of Finance when materials need re-ordered. Responsible for organization of letterhead supplies in the mailroom.
● Provides maintenance and support to the organization by providing accurate list generation and reporting from the donor database/CRM for both internal use and all marketing and fundraising activities such as emails, mailed donor appeals and communications, and marketing campaigns.
● Updates donor records and performs data maintenance as needed to ensure the integrity of the database.
● Proficiency with at least one donor database/CRM platform preferred. Experience with Salesforce a plus.
● Demonstrated competence or confidence in learning how to navigate, utilize, and develop expertise in donor database systems/CRM.
● Polished, professional demeanor and excellent interpersonal skills with staff, vendors, and donors/customers.
● Strong ability to organize, prioritize, and handle multiple tasks and deadlines concurrently with excellent attention to detail.
● Proficiency with Microsoft Office and G-Suite applications.
● Ability to work within a project management system.
● Ability to handle confidential information with discretion.
● Non-profit experience is a plus.
● Excellent written and oral communication skills.
● Team oriented; bridge-building/interdepartmental collaboration.
● Proficient data entry skills (minimum 50 wpm with high accuracy rate).
● Valid State Driver’s License and ability to use personal vehicle for occasional business purposes.
● Bachelor’s Degree preferred; Experience considered.
How to Apply
- Date Posted: January 29, 2021
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Accounting / Financial Management
- Service Area: Social / Human Services