Adventure Science Center
Associate Manager, Guest & Member Services
Adventure Science Center
As a member of Adventure Science Center, each team member is expected to deliver consistent, quality, guest centric service with enthusiasm, positive attitude and respect to all ASC guests. This position is responsible for leading customer service at Adventure Science Center and ensuring members and guests have a quality experience entering and exiting the building. This position will be responsible for the development and execution of guest service training materials and will ensure all staff are trained to deliver the very best guest centric experience for guests. Staff is expected to perform his/her job with a sense of pride in his/her work, while also contributing to the success of his/her co-workers as well as the entire organization.
- Act as primary Manager-on-Duty during all operating hours.
- Manage hiring for all Guest Service team members with input from Retail Manager and Guest Service Lead.
- Lead training for all Guest Service team members, ensuring cross training on admission, membership, retail, and Max Flight, and proficiency with Altru and other ASC software.
- Create schedule with input from the Retail Manager for the Guest Service Team ensuring a fair and balanced daily rotation schedule including breaks.
- Supervise Guest Service Lead and Guest Service representatives.
- Train Guest Service Lead and monitor execution of daily opening and closing of cash drawers in an accurate and efficient manner, including maintaining the accuracy of the safe.
- Monitor internal controls as it relates to cash handling by Guest Service staff.
- Follow and enforce safety rules and policies, customer service standards and general procedures.
- Execute day-to-day sales and service operations of the membership program, including, but not limited to, membership sales.
- Facilitate staff/team training and communication of membership promotions, discounts, and changes, and using the Altru database.
- Anticipate guest needs and solve issues or concerns with positive, courteous, respectful, professional attitude.
- Interact on all phone calls and emails with same positive, helpful, courteous, respectful, professional attitude.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND TRAITS
- Knowledge of customer service principles, techniques systems and standards
- Strong team management, coaching, training and supervisory skills
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and work well in a team environment
- Possess strong written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Availability to work a combination of weekdays, weekends, holidays, and some evenings for events.
- 5+ years guest services experience with minimum of 2 years at supervisory level
- Cash handling experience required
Note: Job descriptions and essential functions are subject to change based on organizational needs.
Qualified candidates will go through an application process, interview process and must successfully complete a background check.
Adventure Science Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are proud to offer a quality full-time benefits program with comprehensive medical, dental and vision packages that include company-paid life insurance, two weeks of paid vacation, 11 holidays and more.
How to Apply
To be considered for this position, applicants must meet qualifications, submit a cover letter (outlining experience and how it relates to the job description), resume, and contact information for three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Electronic submission is required for all materials. Please reference “Associate Manager, Guest and Member Services Application” in the subject line of your message. No phone calls, please. Due to the volume of applications received, we will only contact candidates selected for interviews.
- Date Posted: June 29, 2022
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Programs and Service Delivery
- Service Area: Arts / Culture
- Start Date: 07/28/2022
- Salary Range: 42000 - 47000
- Working Hours: 40