Wichita State University Foundation
Associate/Director/Senior Director of Development
Wichita State University Foundation
The Wichita State University Foundation and Alumni Engagement is excited to expand our development team! We are actively searching for a fundraiser living in the Dallas/Ft. Worth area to join our team as either an Associate Director, Director, or Senior Director level. Reporting to the Vice President, this position will be responsible for the identification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of prospective and present donors to Wichita State University (WSU). Primary operations will be out of a home-office with frequent in-person and group interactions with WSU donors and alumni across the Dallas/Ft. Worth area. This position will represent goals of the WSU Foundation in supporting the students and programs of the university. Under the leadership of WSU’s President, Dr. Rick Muma, the university is experiencing extraordinary growth with record enrollment, innovative programs, and an expanding campus footprint. The WSU Foundation engages alumni and friends of WSU in private gifts supporting student scholarships, faculty research funds, and capital projects. The Foundation just completed our second highest fundraising year ever with more than $63 million raised in FY22. With around 50 staff under the long-term leadership of Dr. Elizabeth King, the WSU Foundation is a highly professional, respected, and effective fundraising operation. On the heels of university growth and fundraising success, the WSU Foundation is in the planning phase for our next comprehensive campaign.
Associate Director, Director, or Senior Director of Development will do the following:
Primary responsibilities include:
- Responsible for fund-raising through outright gifts, pledges, and/or planned gifts targeted at the major gift level of at least $50,000 or more with performance metrics to include number of donor visits, number of proposals presented, and funded, and total dollars raised.
- Represent the Foundation and University by attending appropriate events and functions.
- Collaborate with collegiate development directors with the purpose of promoting midlevel donors toward major gift consideration.
- Maintain computer and paper files as necessary.
- Develop and manage annual budget and fundraising goals in cooperation with supervisor.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills
- Highly motivated and ability to work effectively independently and as part of a team
- Maintain confidentiality of information, records, and materials
- Bachelor’s degree from accredited institution required
- Years of service required:
- Associate Level– One or more years of direct solicitation development experience in higher education or equivalent experience
- Director Level– Three or more years of direct solicitation development experience in higher education or equivalent experience
- Senior Director Level– Seven or more years of direct solicitation development experience in higher education or equivalent experience.
- Knowledge of development/fundraising concepts and appropriate solicitation techniques
- Willing to travel to Wichita at least 4 or more times a year and travel with occasional weekend and evening work
- Must have and maintain valid driver’s license and insurance
- Project professional image at all times
- Commitment to the WSU Foundation core values of Integrity, Service, Collaboration, and Excellence
- Daily walking, sitting, and standing for long periods of time
- Daily use of a computer for long periods of time
- Daily use of a telephone
- Ability to lift/carry up to 30 pounds
- Ability to drive/sit in car (day or night) for 3 hours or more (to different city/state)
- Ability to travel (fly/drive/train or other public transportation – overnight)
- Must be willing to attend sporting events which may include going up or downstairs or other physical activities and are outside of normal working hours
Preferred Requirements and Skills:
- Graduate degree from accredited institution
- Knowledge of Wichita State University and a commitment to higher education
If you are interested in representing WSU and the WSU Foundation to the 2,800 alumni who live in the DFW area, you are invited to apply. The WSU Foundation offers a competitive compensation package including salary, medical/dental/vision insurance (100% premium paid for employee/50% for dependents), term life insurance, 8.5% company matching on retirement accounts after one year and generous vacation and sick leave. The WSU Foundation is an equal opportunity employer.
How to Apply
Please apply to our career page at https://foundation.wichita.edu/about/careers-2/.
- Date Posted: January 17, 2023
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Fundraising / Revenue Development
- Service Area: Education
- Start Date: 03/01/2023
- Salary Range: 68000-129000
- Working Hours: 40 hrs/wk